Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new on the site. I've been lurking around the site, but I just can't find an answer.

I just bought a 2008 TSX couple weeks ago, and I told myself that I would just get new wheels with my stock suspensions.

Based on what I'm seeing so far, the car looks really high with stock suspensions and aftermarket wheels. So, if I ever get some new wheels I think I would have to drop it a tad.

I'm thinking koni yellows/tein-h setup. Just wondering if this setup feels like stock?

Also, I'll be getting ESM-004 SI wheels 18x8 +35 offset (I would love some LMs but I'm on a budget). Which leads me to my next question.

If I drop on koni yellows/tein-h, do I need to roll my fenders if I got the ESMs? Lastly, based on this setup, should I go for 235/40 or 225/40 for tires?

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Run coilovers, that way you have the option to adjust your height and from there, if your tires are rubbing a bit, you can raise your car. 225/40 would be safe on +35's. Don't think you'll need to roll your fenders.
Thanks! I would love to get some coilovers, but the budget is tight. I've seen TSX's rolling on Tein-H's, love the height, so I don't think I would need to go lower than that.

If anyone can chime in about koni yellows/tein-h setup, that would be great. I want to keep the stock feel as much as possible.

·
TSX_Clips
163 Posts
Go 225 with the tires, and you shouldn't rub. I don't know about the Koni's/Tein, but I was in your same spot about a year ago when I got my TSX and I saved a bit more money and went for BuddyClub N+ coilovers, don't regret it at all. Just some info that might be of benefit to you.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Go with the s tech. They are a little lower than the h tech but still ride very similar to stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Go with the s tech. They are a little lower than the h tech but still ride very similar to stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Koni/h-tech setup is what I have. They go pretty soft where it feels much like oem ride but I have my dampers are set stiffer for the type of driving I do. I have 235/40/18 dunlops waiting to be mounted on 18x8 +45 offset. I don't foresee any problems for my offset. Don't know for sure about +35

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Koni/h-tech setup is what I have. They go pretty soft where it feels much like oem ride but I have my dampers are set stiffer for the type of driving I do. I have 235/40/18 dunlops waiting to be mounted on 18x8 +45 offset. I don't foresee any problems for my offset. Don't know for sure about +35
Thanks. Do you have a pic of your car? I'd like to see it if you don't mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.