Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
So last weekend i decided to get the new Jetta for my girlfriend. I dont want to get in to the discussion why she wants a Jetta and not the TSX :mad: but everyone has their taste and i respect that. Anyway, i went to few dealers in NYC area and boy was i pissed off. Those bunch of F---ers tried to rip me off every way they could. First of all i am trying to lease, so i negotiate a price, then get the residual and money factor, use my little formula and come up with a nice mothly payment. One dealer got me a great price of 21200 (MSRP 22080) (Invoice 20500) I let them make alittle profit which is understandable but when it came to calculations they try to rip me off, usually with %50 residual and %3 money factor i am looking at about 295 a month with 1200 down. These guys tried to charge me 340 a month and 1000 down, when i confonted them about the calculations all they could say is that the computer told them their number, pretty much i left most of the dealerships pissed at the salespeople. The one dealership that gave me the best price told me that he cant get the car that i want but he can get me a more expensive one for more $ of course, and thats after i put down the deposit. One dealer on coney island ave, in brooklyn, called Kings VW almost try to pick a fight with me, i just lost it too and started calling him a ***** and felt like braking all the windows. Pretty much i am at a point which i am running out of dealers and GF is compaining that she doesnt have a car. I need some input guys, maybe you can recommend a VW dealer? Please. thanks for reading my thread. :wizard:
 

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
Joined
·
880 Posts
u should tell them vw sales has been down for 2-3 years now and they shouldn't try to rip you off like that.. and laugh in his face..
 

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
Joined
·
629 Posts
My suggestion...do some more convincing. She obviously has not read up on VW's reliability. She'll be spending more time bringing that car in rather than enjoying what fun there is with that car. (though my ex's 2003 Jetta GLI didn't seem to have any major issues, but she did bring it in a few times)
 

·
The Voice of Reason
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
http://www.dealerrater.com/

You're right. Most VW dealers in NY seem to earn about 1 star (out of 5). Across the river they're a little better, but still not great.

BTW, even Honda dealers in NJ don't get great reviews. It probably has more than a little to do with the kind of car she's buying.

If she wants the kind of attention you feel you should get from an Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Acura or Lexus dealer, tell her to buy an Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Acura or Lexus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Why don't u try Koeppel VW. Its on Northern Boulevard in Queens, opposite Paragon Honda/Acura?
My cousin bought his last 5 VW from there and his current R32. I have never personally been there, but u should give it a shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
i suggest dealing with them via the internet. going through edmunds.com, you can contact a bunch of dealers.. just tell them the numbers you're looking for. if they can do it...great.. if not, then at least you didn't waste time with them.

other suggestions: give them a generic email (ie no last name), and give only your first name. so they won't know who you are until you're ready to deal with them. give them a phone number that you'll let the answering machine pick up. i got a lot of sales calls... i just let the machine take it. email is more efficient.

good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
redteggy99 said:
Why don't u try Koeppel VW. Its on Northern Boulevard in Queens, opposite Paragon Honda/Acura?
My cousin bought his last 5 VW from there and his current R32. I have never personally been there, but u should give it a shot.
Tried them, the salesman told me hes not going to reduce the price because they need to make money on the car, pretty much i got up and left. I got a good deal at Legend on Long Island, for 1000$ off the sticker price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
toons01 said:
i suggest dealing with them via the internet. going through edmunds.com, you can contact a bunch of dealers.. just tell them the numbers you're looking for. if they can do it...great.. if not, then at least you didn't waste time with them.

other suggestions: give them a generic email (ie no last name), and give only your first name. so they won't know who you are until you're ready to deal with them. give them a phone number that you'll let the answering machine pick up. i got a lot of sales calls... i just let the machine take it. email is more efficient.

good luck!
Thanks, Tried that too, not many dealers respond via email, and if they do they give you a ridiculus price which you cant negotiate untill you physically get to the dealer, once you're there they bullshit you and i end up walking out for their stupid tricks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
netoperek said:
Hi everyone,
One dealer got me a great price of 21200 (MSRP 22080) (Invoice 20500) I let them make alittle profit which is understandable but when it came to calculations they try to rip me off, usually with %50 residual and %3 money factor i am looking at about 295 a month with 1200 down. These guys tried to charge me 340 a month and 1000 down, when i confonted them about the calculations all they could say is that the computer told them their number, pretty much i left most of the dealerships pissed at the salespeople. The one dealership that gave me the best price told me that he cant get the car that i want but he can get me a more expensive one for more $ of course, and thats after i put down the deposit.
I had the same issue with a few Acura dealers in my area. I delt with 5 in all. Most gave me the same run around with the price and the monthly price. When I confront them with my numbers, which are acurate( no pun intended), they just say they either made a mistake or the computer thing like what you were told. If 5 dealers give you the same song and dance, it's not a mistake, it's a sales ploy. How sad. The point is, you've got to do your own homework and know the pricing inside and out BFORE YOU GO TO THE DEALER. I got a great price in the end, and from one of those trying to run the racket. But in the end, they gave me the best deal, and that's all I cared about.


netoperek said:
One dealer on coney island ave, in brooklyn, called Kings VW almost try to pick a fight with me, i just lost it too and started calling him a ***** and felt like braking all the windows.
Seek anger management classes. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally found a dealer that gave me a good price, its not like i want the car for free but i am not going to pay sticker for that car. Yeah i definitelly need some anger management classes especially after visiting few VW dealers. BTW i never had that problem with my Acura dealer i had a price in mind i was given that price.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top