Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who thought the J's intake looked cheap, I personally passed to message on to J's Racing and told them to remake it, now They have a CF one much better looking but costs a bit more. :) EnJOY

The famous J's Racing Tsuchinoko intake which offers fresh cold air to the engine. Special "SAUSAGE" (Tsuchinoko) design pipe with air duct which leads to the front of the bumper to reduce intake air temperature, it also restores air in the Tsuchinoko for low rpm torque and mid rpm engine response.

J's has come out with a newer intake exact same design but its carbon, therefore it will keep the air that is going into the engine much cooler, and lets not forget it will also make the engine bay look better.

Here are some pics.

Coming Soon ! Price: CAD $910.00 Aprox. USD $827.28

Thanks

Calvin

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,154 Posts
^^ I agree with Pcdawg because this would be very close to the price range of the mugen intake unless the gains are more...

·
264 Posts
Looks way better

Noel said:
This would put down a better performance ratio vs. Mugen without a doubt. J's Racing may be late to the party, however they always have good reason to come up with a better R&D product in the end.

In parallel comparison, the J's Racing Tsuchinoko Chamber Intake for the AP1/2 is a higher rated product vs. Mugen on performance and price.

One of the key PROs of this product is improved torque from the large air intake chamber, and a consistent power delivery increase all the way to redline. This is in effect putting the best of CAI + SRI combined but not have the lack of low end torque from the CAI or the heat soak from the SRI. You also don't have the loud intake CAI suction noise that not all owners like.

·
264 Posts
^ I mean it looks better with CF than FRP
WhiteTsx001 said:
cuz ppl will buy Mugen for the fact that it is Mugen lol..
No Doubt. Mugen definitely bling more than J's

·
Registered
455 Posts
Only one way to find out - someone get a TSX over to AJ's and have them dyno it on a rolling road with both intakes.
I'd vote for the J's Racing to make 1 or 2 more bhp over the Mugen - but I could be wrong.

I prefer it to the Mugen, but then it also smacks of looking like a GruppeM one.
Wonder if that was where their inspiration came from?
Would look lovely with a Feel's CF strut bar though. :drool:

The only potential downside would be if you change to a 3rd party battery, which was slightly wider - cue mucho mod'ing of the battery cradle!

·
Registered Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what i was told by J's before this intake was out the J's Euro R used the mugen intake, after they devloped this one the owner of that car personally told me this intake performs better, then again hes just trying to sell his product, but once it is in we will test it out and hopefully get some dyno numbers and see if it compareable to the s2000 intakes they make.

Thanks

Calvin

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
is that airbox bigger than the mugen one? it looks like it has more volume.

damn, i wish i had the money.

·
264 Posts
^ it isn't a AirBox type intake

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
you're right. my mistake.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
to me the large carbon pieces just look like a large heat shield setup. why cant they make an intake similar to those for the ek civic.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
any more info on this yet since it appears the thread about the fiberglass one dissapeared.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts