Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased a 2008 acura tsx. Do I have to go to dealer to get another key? Can I go anywhere else? My hardware store says he can do a chipped key for 60.00. Is this possible?
Thanks,
Paul

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
yeah home depot sells keys as well.. they charge $60 also. And yeah our keys have chips in them. The dealer will probably charge arm n a leg lol .. better off going to the hardware store.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this is possible to get a key from a hardware store that will open the door and start the key. correct?
Thanks.

·
-
1,624 Posts
Many locksmiths can duplicate RFID/chip automotive keys these days.
They have an electronic device that can clone the RFID chip in a working key.
Then they cut the key. Done and the key works.

It's much cheaper than the dealer and perhaps the "best" way for the TSX since there is no way you can program your own RFID keys with the TSX unlike many other cars.

With most other cars, even perhaps on newer Acura's, you can program a 3rd or more RFID keys yourself as long as you have 2 working & different RFID keys already.
This is why buying a 3rd RFID key is so highly recommended on many car models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I just purchased a 2008 acura tsx. Do I have to go to dealer to get another key? Can I go anywhere else? My hardware store says he can do a chipped key for 60.00. Is this possible?
Thanks,
Paul

The Lombard Locksmith I went to had the machine to program my key to the immobilizer. They even programmed the keyless buttons too which I didn't mind. Great deal for $35 and definitely cheaper than if I went to the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts