Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend sold me some Cree leds lights. Must say I'm very happy with them since I have dark tint all around

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Yeah helps out alot, I got my windows tinted all around. Parallel parking at night was a nightmare before I got mine.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Themz iz brite..

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I got a set of projector LEDs too, having limo tint in the rear windows these are amazing haha

·
Jeff
902 Posts
LInk please!

and at first I had the impression that LEDs didnt have good visibility... I cant see my at all when reversing with my current PIAA bulbs through my back tint. Time to test out LEDs

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Hmm, nice. The true test is during the day though, in sunlight. Got any pics of that?

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
It's still brighter than halogen bulbs, and why do you need reverse lights in sunlight o_O

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thank you for the info! Been meaning to get these CREE since Blulabel showed me his, but it's one of those things I've never really focused on. Going to order a pair and add it to my "Spring install" pile!

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I was literally just researching Cree LED reverse bulbs.. there are a ton out there, and I'd like to find a reputable brand which will last.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
It's still brighter than halogen bulbs, and why do you need reverse lights in sunlight o_O

Why don't you? 1 of the 2 main functions of reverse lights is to notify other drivers of your rearward movement. Backing out of a parking spot or a driveway comes to mind as where this is most important. As bright as they are at night, non-OEM LEDs often washout in sunlight so from a safety standpoint, I was wondering how visible these actually were during the day.

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Why don't you? 1 of the 2 main functions of reverse lights is to notify other drivers of your rearward movement. Backing out of a parking spot or a driveway comes to mind as where this is most important. As bright as they are at night, non-OEM LEDs often washout in sunlight so from a safety standpoint, I was wondering how visible these actually were during the day.
U make a good point.
Hey OP can u post a pic of u reversing/backing up during the daytime. :D

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
I can tell you from seeing my reverse LEDs in daylight that they're still extremely visible because there are leds surrounding the cree reverse lights that gives more than enough light output during the day. My car is still in the shop till next week so I can't take pics for you. When I do get my car back, I'll take a few pics for you.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
JLC lighting in South El Monte off 60fw exit Rosemead. Exactly same one i got in link below, i paid full price few months back tho. Now theyre on sale for $25. JLC lighting make quality LEDs for a low price, unlike iJDMtoys rip off prices. 7440 7443 T20 CREE + SMD LED Light Bulbs - Turn Signal Lights, Corner Lights, Reverse Lights, and more!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the link Nomad. I just bought a pair, because I always complain about how I can't see my reverse lights even at night. It pisses me off and is kinda scary actually...

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I ordered up the JLC Cree LED lights, I can't wait to get them. I hope I can get some better visibility at night with the back up camera.

·
四世
1,767 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I can tell you from seeing my reverse LEDs in daylight that they're still extremely visible because there are leds surrounding the cree reverse lights that gives more than enough light output during the day. My car is still in the shop till next week so I can't take pics for you. When I do get my car back, I'll take a few pics for you.

Awesome, thanks.

I haven't noticed too much, but has anyone ever noticed other high end cars and what their reverse lights are from the factory? Like other Acuras, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.? Even though HIDs, LED taillights, and even LED license plate lights are fairly common with them, do any of them have LEDs for reverse lights too? If not, then I wonder why they haven't. If they can make brake lights viable in LED, why not reverse lights? Seems like an easy upgrade.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts