Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All!

2011 Acura TSK 110,XXX miles

I will try to keep this as concise as possible, but here's what I have experienced in my 3 months of ownership of my TSX:
1. A/C was not blowing cold - independent honda/acura mechanic replaced the compressor. Still no A/C so he replaced the A/C button/connector inside the vehicle. The moment he put the part in, the A/C started working again but the entire car died after running 2/3 minutes.
2. Mechanic then replaced another part (I know everyone can shoot me because I am not even sure what the part was that he replaced). Whatever it was he took responsibility and covered the cost.
3. When I pick up the vehicle and get ready to drive off, the CEL comes on and Check emissions indicator. So he pulls the codes and it says I need a gas cap. So I figured the CEL would clear after few restarts because I turned the gas cap until it clicked three times - it still hasn't cleared. So I figured I would order one soon.
4. Yesterday while sitting in my car during lunch break for about 20 minutes, the engine randomly revs to about 2500 RPMs and the "Check VSA system" indicator comes on. I didn't think anything of it and figured I would go get the code pulled at Autozone after work.
5. Well after work I started the car and both VSA and CEL were still on and I started driving and the car wouldn't go above 30 mph, so I called the mechanic and he said take it home and he would come out to take a look. Needless to say, he didn't make it out to look at my car.
6. This morning I try to get my badge out and the car will not unlock with the key fob, so I manually unlock with my key and put the key in the ignition just to see if it would turn over, and nothing happened but the dash lights did come on.

Does anyone have any remedy to these symptoms? I know I'll most likely have to take it to the dealer and figure out what's wrong, but I figured I would make the post and hope someone could lead me in the right direction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning All!

2011 Acura TSK 110,XXX miles

I will try to keep this as concise as possible, but here's what I have experienced in my 3 months of ownership of my TSX:
1. A/C was not blowing cold - independent honda/acura mechanic replaced the compressor. Still no A/C so he replaced the A/C button/connector inside the vehicle. The moment he put the part in, the A/C started working again but the entire car died after running 2/3 minutes.
2. Mechanic then replaced another part (I know everyone can shoot me because I am not even sure what the part was that he replaced). Whatever it was he took responsibility and covered the cost.
3. When I pick up the vehicle and get ready to drive off, the CEL comes on and Check emissions indicator. So he pulls the codes and it says I need a gas cap. So I figured the CEL would clear after few restarts because I turned the gas cap until it clicked three times - it still hasn't cleared. So I figured I would order one soon.
4. Yesterday while sitting in my car during lunch break for about 20 minutes, the engine randomly revs to about 2500 RPMs and the "Check VSA system" indicator comes on. I didn't think anything of it and figured I would go get the code pulled at Autozone after work.
5. Well after work I started the car and both VSA and CEL were still on and I started driving and the car wouldn't go above 30 mph, so I called the mechanic and he said take it home and he would come out to take a look. Needless to say, he didn't make it out to look at my car.
6. This morning I try to get my badge out and the car will not unlock with the key fob, so I manually unlock with my key and put the key in the ignition just to see if it would turn over, and nothing happened but the dash lights did come on.

Does anyone have any remedy to these symptoms? I know I'll most likely have to take it to the dealer and figure out what's wrong, but I figured I would make the post and hope someone could lead me in the right direction.
What was wrong mine is doing the SAME

1 - 3 of 3 Posts