Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,
My name is Walt and I'm a new member here. I subscribed to this forum to get some help deciding. I do not have a TSX yet but will soon. I currently own a 2009 Honda Civic Si coupe. I've been doing quite a bit of research on the current TSX models but I'm having a hard time deciding on which trim to get. I'm more into the 4 door convenience (due to growing family) rather than speed and all that, so the V6 is not something I'm really interested in. My main dilema is on whether I should get a manual or automatic. I already got a Civic Si and I really do enjoy manual tranny, but I do miss the convenience of an automatic, specially in heavy traffic. For those of you that have had experience with TSX manual and auto, what do you suggest? Maybe reading some ideas from some of you will help me decide whether to get an auto or manual tranny TSX. I already know that I'm gonna get the special edition trim. I like the idea of having a 6-speed TSX just for the fun factor, but I also like the idea of an automatic just for the relaxing factor (just sitting in the car and drive w/o worrying about all the shifting). Anyways, I really appreciate your input. Like I said, I'm still in the process of deciding. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
My TSX is automatic,as I find it smooth,and quiet,which really suits such a sophisticated car.
Either way you will LOVE it,good luck,and keep us updated.

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you get the automatic, you can still rock it with paddle shifters I believe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I will definitely post pics once I get it. I'm leaning more toward an automatic. I like shifting gears, but I think it's gotten a bit old. I really like the special edition so that plus auto sounds pretty appealing.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The choice is yours, I personally love manual and would never drive anything else. Plus those Honda 6 speeds are so smooth!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm just undecided. Like I said, I drive a Civic Si, but before that, I test drove a Civic EX manual and the EX automatic. It was slightly different feel, and that was test driving both one after the other. I was just wondering if it was much of a different feeling between a TSX manual and auto though. I testdrove an automatic and had a really nice feeling, but haven't had the chance to drive a manual. Apparently, the Acura dealer near where I live never gets manual ones, except once and that was because someone ordered it or so I was told. I go to the dealership quite often, and have never seen a manual tranny TSX. I guess when I get ready to buy it I'll just have to order it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts