Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone

Im a 24 year old marine engineer from sarnia ontario and just bought my 2004 TSX 6 speed today, i had never even really considered the TSX but when i saw it on the lot and gave it a test ride i was pleasently surprised by the feel of the car and the overall comfort and finition of the interior.

This is my first acura so i hope it wont let me down.

Some mods im looking into getting is Standard Suspension R1 system, lip kit (not sure which) and some wheels.

This will be a daily driver for me and my girlfriend so i dont want to go all out, (also because i will be importing a Supra in the spring ;) )

Nice meeting you all

Any suggestions for some decent quality lip kits idealy already in canada would be very appreciated

·
I love my CL9!
4,067 Posts
For lip kits, nothing beats OEM. They come prepainted and they fit like a glove. I've had both a USDM Acura kit as well as a JDM Honda one and you can't even fit a finger nail between the lip and the bumpers. The knock off ones usually have gaps anywhere from 3 - 5 mm.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well my girlfriend picked up the car yesterday from the dealer we bought it from and i was actually docked in town today so i went home for a few hours and went for a ride around town in the TSX. WOW lemme tell you first i was the first guy to spit on honda\acura and i chew back almost everyone of those words after driving this one around all afternoon.
this car made me feel like a million bucks and the drive is very nice. im impressed with the overall performance of it. the only downside is the paint (milano red starting to fade + stone chips) but i go home for my month off the ship in 2 weeks and will go grab all i need to detail it as best i can. Ill see what i can correct and ill go shop around to see how much it would cost me to get this thing looking like new.. or close.
im tempted to plasti dip the entire car just to see how it would actually look. i can do it myself if i go out and reequip myself and the product is inexpensive... and can be removed easily.

have yet to see the lights at night but prehaps i shall go with 6000K bulbs i like the color
Standard suspension R1 coilovers are on order
im shopping for an 18 inch staggered wheel setup
Lip kit in the spring

just wanted to share my LOVE for my TSX haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lipkit.ca is cheap and quick. Located in Toronto so ships really quick. It takes them about a week or so to ship it because they make them to order. There pretty good fit too. Nothing on OEM, bit not bad. Downside: they are made of fiberglass. Only like $150 or something like that

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks but im really looking for Polyeurethane lips, my girlfriend also drives the car and we winter drive it. its our daily while we wait for the supra in the spring. So fiberglass really isnt an option

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.