Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So grateful I found this group! I recently purchased a 2007 TSX and I’m loving it! I have this random rattle or banging noise in what seems the front right side. It sounds most like the noise a heavy hood would make, but it feels secure if I push on it. It happens on bumps, but strangely not the bigger road bumps. The car rides smoothly and doesn’t happen if I push down on it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
555 Posts
Given all the detail I'm leaning on it being the hood. Maybe you can get a second person to observe and see they see something else that would be helpful. Given your information I'm thinking it could be 1 of over 300 things but more info would be very helpful. Let us know if you can get more info.

·
Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
555 Posts
More detail would definitely be helpful. How many miles do you have? When exactly do you hear the noise? Is it only on small bumps? At what speeds? Is the noise metallic? Is it a thump? Do you hear any grinding? A second ear that can provide more detail would help a lot to give you better responses. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
104k miles. Seems smaller bumps speed doesn’t matter and the best I can describe it is creaking, but one at a time like “rhee rhee”(lol, sorry) not sure what a metallic noise is. I originally imagine it as if the heavy hood banging against the frame, which it doesn’t seem to be because the hood doesn’t seem to move.

·
Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
555 Posts
Sounds like you have some wear going on with your suspension, possibly the sway bar bushings/end links. If possible jack the front up, crawl under and forcibly pull on the suspension components to see if there is excess wear or play. Check your lower control arms, sway bar, shocks/springs and other suspension parts. You may also have worn shocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much! Since I don’t have a reliable mechanic, (Chicago near west suburbs, if there’s someone in the group) I’ll go to the dealer armed with this info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts