Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the board. I always wanted a first gen TSX, and I finally had a chance to pick one up this weekend. I needed a daily driver, and this car seems to check all the right boxes with out making me broke. Here is the car I guess. I really didn't have a chance to take any good pictures yet, because I've only had it for a few days, but there will be more to come, I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Northridge, home of 80 degree december.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
SoCal :tu:

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Welcome to the club. Just got mines too

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm just glad to be driving something that's nice and comfortable and quiet. It's a polar opposite of my Mustang, that has a nasty cam, race suspension, is very loud, and gets an awesome 13 mpg on a 25 mile drive to work.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome :)

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good thing you are in SoCal. Parts will be easy for you to get!

·
Registered
127 Posts
nice pickup, picked up my 1st gen as well, SoCal huh? We travel from WA to SoCal in June every year to an Accord meet, TSX i believe is one of the few models they may allow into the meet..stop by this upcoming year!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I probably will, but honestly, but I'll feel kinda odd being probably the stock-est TSX there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I probably will, but honestly, but I'll feel kinda odd being probably the stock-est TSX there.
I can't recall of there were any in June. may have been a couple CLs if I recall right..stock or not no body minds, its a matter of showing up and gathering together meeting enthusiast from around the area and out of the area sharing a passion for these cars. We drove 16hrs to Cali. had members from Canada and Texas..and yes we all drove from our States. it was a great turnout:)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
CL9_Coop, could you link me the link to this Accord meet you're talking about? I would definitely wanna check it out.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
cYn: I just spoke with the Admins for the meet and I was just informed they will be putting a fine line in which cars will be allowed. at the moment it is only the Accord generations. I may find out in January what the guidlines are. but they told me to just make good relations and we may possibly holding a meet with TSXs welcome. sorry about that:/
Well, even if TSX's aren't allowed, can I just go there and spectate? I just like to go to big meets and take pictures for coverage.

·
Do It Once, Do It Right!
7 Posts
Well, even if TSX's aren't allowed, can I just go there and spectate? I just like to go to big meets and take pictures for coverage.
Helly, cYn.

We are the Accord meet that CL9_Coop is speaking of. We've been needing to be part of this great forum and what better time than now. Cali Accord Meet is not particular to any one given Accord chassis and is based on bringing together all Accord generations as was mentioned in what you quoted.

Last year was our first year organizing the meet and it quickly outgrew what we had anticipated. We had initially planned to expect up to 100 cars but on the day of, we counted over 150! All of which were Accords. During the organization of our first meet the co-founders and I had discussed opening the meet the TSX community.

We did not want to go over our heads and with the amount of Acura members, we knew we definitely would. We wanted to insure a quality meet and at the time we did not feel we could do so considering the droves that we knew TSX community came in. It was nothing against the chassis, as we are avid Accord enthusiasts, but we had to be certain that for it being our first year, we didn't bite off more than we could chew.

After a very successful first year, and the template set, which was the hardest part, myself and co-founders were discussing extending an invitation to our re-badge brothers. It is still something that we are avidly discussing and would be announcing once we were certain. We are not the type of organization that puts out tentative information only to change it, rather, when we do, it is set in stone after in depth discussion.

Should you be interested in our organization, I highly recommend visiting our Facebook page or website by clicking on either one of our links located in our signature. Should you like to discuss this further, by all means, please send us a message.

ReplicaR, forgive us for the long response above. Congratulations on the car and having lurked here before, we are sure this forum will serve all your needs.

Coop :wavey:

·
Registered
127 Posts
sorry for posting about it on this site. including any misleading information, false information. wasn't my intention to spread word about your guys meet and or say any information that has not yet been set in stone if any.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts