Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:newbie:

Hey guys I have been reading the forum for about a month now and wanted to introduce myself. I purchased my MR 5AT(I have to fight rush hour traffic 5 days a week) aehe10 about two weeks ago. (reading this board kinda helped make up my mind). Was looking at the G35 coupe and the new Mustang GT. When I test drove the TSX the salesman thought it was funny I was shopping these three cars. I guess b/c the competition for the TSX is the 325 or Audi?

As most of you I love this car! I have yet to see another MR here in the Dallas area. Lots of NBP, MSM and PWP. I guess the MR must not be a popular color or limited in supply? Anyway the MR just looks sporty while the interior is luxurious. Exactly what I was looking for in my next vehicle.

I do have a question though. I am leasing the vehicle, but I want to tint the windows and possibly get the sunroof visor(to further the 'sport' look). If I go to the dealership where I leased the vehicle do you think I would be able to do these additions? I just remember reading somewhere that you can't do ANYTHING to a leased vehicle. Suggestions??

·
Registered
60 Posts
I asked the same question a while ago and the answer I got was leasing is not better than financing. So anyway, for you the answer is just a phone call away.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Your dealer will be more than glad to add any Acura accessory and include it in your lease. Alternately, you could buy the visor (or any other easily removed part-Acura or not) on eBay and then pull it off and sell it when your lease is up.

I've never heard of a leasing company refusing tints, but those come off fairly easily as well.

The kinds of mods that wouldn't make sense for a lease would be turbos, superchargers, cams, an LSD, maybe a big brake kit. But I know people who lease that have done the basics; intake, header, exhaust, lip kit, wheels/tires, suspension. Then, when the lease is up, bring it back to stock and sell the stuff.....

Good luck!

·
Registered
149 Posts
for a moment I thought you were talkin about the Evo. then it clicked. lol.

welcome

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Welcome ken :wavey:

ebony interior ? MR/Ebony is teh HOT !

personaly i think sunroof visor decreases sporty look, distorts TSX's line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The MR I have has the Parchment interior. I like the way it looks..IMO.. with the black offset of the dash,console and the partial black on the doors. Plus having ebony seats while living in Texas during the summer you would have to have two pair of pants on so you don't get burnt..LOL

Thanks for the advice on the tints. I definatly want to do that. Also thinking about the Lip Spoiler, but if I was to take it off before turn in would the tape not take the paint off with it??

Thanks again!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts