Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everybody? This is my first post i like the site, has helped me already. Had some questions about my wheels and lowering springs though.

My car is at stock height right now, going to buy either some megan springs 2" drop front and rear for $133 or some tein s tech springs 1.7" front and 1.3" rear for $164. My rims are ADR SZ1's 18"x7.5, offset is 42 or 48 not sure but which springs would work or would be the better set up for my car? Dont want to roll my fenders, my current tires are 245/40/18. They need to be replaced, so should I stick with that size or would a different size be better for the set up with the springs?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
for 18X7.5 wheel size, you should run 225/40/18 or 215/40/18. It depends on your preference for a wider or slimmer tire footprint.

If you do not wish to roll your fenders after getting lower springs, I would go with TEIN S-tech. The Megan springs are going to slam your ride, dropping it 2". 2" is a pretty aggressive drop for the TSX. The ride quality and design is better on the TEIN S-techs. Megan Racing is not the best company at making quality lowering springs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, im going to go with the Tein S-tech springs. I was thinking about getting some mrr rims. What is the widest you can go on rims without stretching the tires and rolling the fenders? Would 18x8.5 fit lowered, what about the stock height. Would they work?

·
Retired Regional Meet Leader
3,464 Posts
Thanks for the input, im going to go with the Tein S-tech springs. I was thinking about getting some mrr rims. What is the widest you can go on rims without stretching the tires and rolling the fenders? Would 18x8.5 fit lowered, what about the stock height. Would they work?
18's will look funny if you keep it at stock height. As far as tire widths go for 18x8.5, the most I"d go is 245 personally. You will probably rub the fenders with the drop regardless.

·
Registered
49 Posts
18's will look funny if you keep it at stock height. As far as tire widths go for 18x8.5, the most I"d go is 245 personally. You will probably rub the fenders with the drop regardless.
I'm running 18's at stock height and I would hardly say it looks funny. Would it look better if it was slammed? Yeah, probably, but it doesn't look bad in any way at stock height.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts