Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

As it states, I purchased a new water pump from a Honda dealer. I noticed that the new pump blades sit out further than the original blades.

When you try to install it, the blades make contact with the coolant passage assembly which effectively prevents the pump from moving.

I noticed the pulley is also designed differently and does not have the curved spokes. The new one is flat .

Has anyone else run into this odd problem? Honda has no answers of their own.

Thanks

·
-
1,764 Posts

·
Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
560 Posts
I ran into that issue with another part years ago. Contrary to popular belief not all Honda parts are interchangeable with the TSX. I usually take my TSX part in to the Honda parts counter to verify whenever I buy a Honda part for my TSX. Take your part in to the Honda parts counter so that the can see the difference and hopefully source you the exact replacement you need.

Edit: Don't forget to verify that the belt aligns properly (proper spacing) and that the pulley diameter is the same if you do get a Honda part.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year TSX?
What is the Acura/Honda p/n on the box? Is there p/n marked on the new water pump itself?

Hey Calgary,

It's a 2006 TSX , p/n on the box is 19200-RAA-A01.

Apart from a mfg date code, RAA ICO is embossed on the aluminum .

I just received another one from an Acura dealership this time. Same issue. It seems that the impeller (blades) are a bit longer or sit farther out, causing it to interfere with the water passage where the pump bolts onto.

I will take some photos this evening comparing the new pumps vs my original pump to show the differences.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flowerpot Gas Automotive wheel system Metal Font
Kitchen appliance Gas Kitchen utensil Auto part Automotive wheel system
Product Shipping box Bumper Packing materials Material property
Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part Shipping box

1. the original pump @ 160k miles with the shorter blades.
2. One of the new pumps I pulled from the boxes.
3. Both boxes with the correct p/n . Both new pumps are of the newer style.
4. Pulley design change ( doesn't make a difference, just for reference.)

I ordered a new water passage , as it is my only alternative other than slapping the original pump back on. Additionally it does look like it changed designs ever so slightly as well , I'll follow up with pictures of that. Hopefully that will resolve the fitment issue and could help other tsx owners should they run into it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A final update with pics. The water passages do have minor changes and they're significant enough that the new water pump fits the newer water passage without any issues.

Part number for the passage : 19410-RAA-A00
You'll also want the O-ring : 19322-PCX-003

Not everyone is going to run into this issue. But hope this helps should someone come across it.

Bicycle part Rim Auto part Font Bicycle drivetrain part

Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Wood Automotive wheel system

Gas Bicycle part Composite material Auto part Metal

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts