Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First Drive – 650 mile road trip from dealer to home.

As this trip constituted the complete break-in period, I pretty much babied it the whole way. So my comments are really directed at interior features.

That said, the car tracked straight as an arrow, brakes straight, and has no rattles.

What was Cool:
1) Clock automatically syncing with GPS to adjust for a change in time-zone
2) Cruise Control – single click equals 1 mph. Rapid fire 15 clicks, speed adjusts by 15 mph (probably a well know feature to most TSX enthusiast).

What’s not so cool:
1) Voice command feature kind of gimmicky. I mean do you really want to press a button, wait a second, and then feel stupid and say “CD Skip Forward” when the track forward button is under your thumb in the first place?
2) Seat back side bolsters a little hard and tight for a defensive tackle body type after a few hours on the road.
Edit- 3) One other nit - the lighted controls on the steering wheel are not very well lit. I had to pullover, dim the navi and the dash lights to confirm that they were in fact lit. End-Edit.

Defects discovered:
1) Changing the Navi “Background Color” has no impact on the display. Display is always blue (at least it’s not stuck on amber or something). Edit: Not a defect - it does adjust the background color for the appropriate screens - thanks for the clarification Doc)

Overall – very pleased!

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Defects discovered:
1) Changing the Navi “Background Color” has no impact on the display. Display is always blue (at least it’s not stuck on amber or something).

First off, congrats on your new car.
The background color that changes is in the Audio menu where it shows the radio channels or the CD info, the panel with the touch tabs to change stations and CD's changes to the selected color. The color behind this section is always blue. I personally like the blue on blue look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
JT2k4TSX said:
Well man give us some info on the car. Where did you buy it, how much did you get it for....and how long was the drive back home? 600 miles is quite a drive!!
'05 Auto/Navi/PWP
$27,888 + $165 Dealer Fee. Tax due in my home state only to be paid when I register it.

Flew out to Kansas City and picked it up at Superior Acura and drove it back to Denver (640 miles - 32.2 mpg). The honest dealers in Denver (and CarsDirect.com) were telling me March/Apri/May for a White/Auto/Navi. The questionable dealer kept telling me "a few weeks" but choose not to validate that with a VIN# or a production date. All Navi's seem to be in short supply at the Colorado dealers.

btw - Superior Acura in Kansas City was Great! (2 miles on the car and no dealer badging were big pluses too). Great experience. I can't say enough good things about those guys. Absolutely zero complaints. The guy even called me this morning to make sure I made it home ok (of course he woke me out of a dead sleep, but I’ll forgive him for that).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
WOW!! And I thought I had to drive far to get my baby home! :eek:

Congrats!! :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Rocky_Mtn_TSX said:
btw - Superior Acura in Kansas City was Great! (2 miles on the car and no dealer badging were big pluses too). Great experience. I can't say enough good things about those guys. Absolutely zero complaints. The guy even called me this morning to make sure I made it home ok (of course he woke me out of a dead sleep, but I’ll forgive him for that).
Superior Acura is indeed a great dealer to work with, Over the phone and in person they were nice and friendly, and they try to get what you WANTED and the accessories you wanted as efficently as possible.
Unlike the BS at the Chicago Acura dealers back at the time, they didn't have many in stock and were charging over sticker!:mad:

They were nice enough to truck my TSX to an Acura dealer in Missouri for me to pick up, after I sent them a check. They included a Trunk Tray in my TSX. :)

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
127 Posts
Rocky_Mtn_TSX said:
What’s not so cool:
1) Voice command feature kind of gimmicky. I mean do you really want to press a button, wait a second, and then feel stupid and say “CD Skip Forward” when the track forward button is under your thumb in the first place?
QUOTE]

you'll come to appreciate this feature when youre driving along trying to shave and drink your coffee during the morning commute :jester:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.