Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just bought a "Certified Pre-Owned"2010 V6 TSX with 22k miles and am having an issue with it.

Background info:
I drive a 2008 BMW 535I and also have a modded Nissan on Coilovers so I know what a stiff ride is like.

The only problem I have with this TSX is I feel like the suspension is not keeping the car on the road. I hear a bunch of thuds coming from what sounds like the rear but it doesn't feel like the car is bottoming out. It just feels like the suspension is worn. I bought the car on a Saturday and by the Monday it was at the dealer because I nearly lost control of the car in the rain because of it losing contact with the road. Keep in mind I was doing 30 MPH (if that).

Fast forward to yesterday, I picked it up from the dealer and of course they are claiming it to be "normal". I have been riding low profile tires for over ten years now. I know what low profile tires feel and handle like. The Service Advisor is claiming "that's how the car is, because of the low profile tires".

Being this is a huge safety concern for me, I really would like to get it resolved. Has anyone else have this issue and if so how did you get it resolved. The dealership doesn't really seem to think there is a problem. :puke: I thought Acura is supposed to be a luxury car? I know the engineers didn't design it to make all this noise!

·
-
1,622 Posts
The Acura bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years/50 000 miles. Your car should still be covered by this warranty.

Acura's "Certified Pre-owned", GM's "Premium Used", Ford's "Preferred Used".. etc, etc, blah, blah are all just marketing gimmicks.
They don't mean a thing.
If you don't have the technical skills to check out a used car yourself you really should get a professional to check it out.

For a used Acura still covered by the 4 year/50 000 miles, you still have to watch out for accident history, flood damage, etc, etc..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Acura bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years/50 000 miles. Your car should still be covered by this warranty.

Acua's "Certified Pre-owned", GM's "Premium Used", Ford's "Preferred Used".. etc, etc, blah, blah are all just marketing gimmicks.
They don't mean a thing.
If you don't have the technical skills to check out a used car yourself you really should get a professional to check it out.

For a used Acura still covered by the 4 year/50 000 miles, you still have to watch out for accident history, flood damage, etc, etc..
Yes, the car is still covered under the warranty but the dealership is claiming there isn't a problem. They won't fix the issue if they don't think a problem is there lol. I know what the problem is with the car-they just won't listen to me. Maybe I should make a video of what I'm talking about and you guys can tell me if it's normal or not.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I agree with CalgaryTSX, but I'm sure/hope the OP was diligent enough to check out the car prior to purchase despite being certified.

None the less, the car is still covered. Try going to another dealership and voice your concerns, remember they'd love to take your money in the long run so they may be able to help you out. I've done that before here in Toronto when one dealer will continuously try to avoid fixing a warranty related issue (not with my TSX though, Acura's been pretty good with my requests thus far).

Have you gone through the basics of checking the tires, alignment, etc...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with CalgaryTSX, but I'm sure/hope the OP was diligent enough to check out the car prior to purchase despite being certified.

None the less, the car is still covered. Try going to another dealership and voice your concerns, remember they'd love to take your money in the long run so they may be able to help you out. I've done that before here in Toronto when one dealer will continuously try to avoid fixing a warranty related issue (not with my TSX though, Acura's been pretty good with my requests thus far).

Have you gone through the basics of checking the tires, alignment, etc...?
I did have the car inspected by an independent facility-everything checks out great on the lift, all the bushings and things are in great shape. The brakes were recently done. The only issue is this annoying noise. What I think is happening is that the shocks are not dampening as well as they should be. They are not blown to where they are leaking but they are worn. I don't suspect the issue to be the strut bearings because that is usually a louder sound than this.

I'm going to call Acura and see what they say.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I did have the car inspected by an independent facility-everything checks out great on the lift, all the bushings and things are in great shape. The brakes were recently done. The only issue is this annoying noise. What I think is happening is that the shocks are not dampening as well as they should be. They are not blown to where they are leaking but they are worn. I don't suspect the issue to be the strut bearings because that is usually a louder sound than this.

I'm going to call Acura and see what they say.
When you purchased it, since the vehicle was a "Acura Certified Pre Owned TSX" it should've gone through their inspections...that being said though, they dont necessarily replace things that may be worn out unless they're damaged completely or at a low percentage of life (pads, rotors, whatever etc..)

Just give them a call, try talking to your sales guy too and tell them this noise was prominent since you took delivery and see what they say. I'm sure either that dealer, or another will help you out.

Good luck!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, San Diego,CA
627 Posts
I would take it to another dealership, quick, while still under warranty and have it documented as much as possible.
you tell them you don't feel safe and that you've been driving low pro tires for how ever long and they will have to tear into it and find what exactly is causing it.
I still get speaker replacements and Bluetooth issues looked at no cost at dealership and I'm at 81K miles, just because I would always pretty much harass the living crap out of them to fix the issue every time it came up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts