Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m a new owner of a 2007 Acura TSX and loving it so far. This forum and all you guys convinced me to jump in and buy this car used, and it’s a great car :)

Just one problem. I was folding down the rear seats and accidentally got the middle seatbelt stuck. No idea what to do, and I’ve been fiddling with it for an hour now. There is no room to retract it any further. I’ve tried everything short of disassembling the back seats and removing the mechanism itself, but I’m wondering if anybody has encountered this problem? Any way I can fix it myself or is this impossible to fix? Cheers!
Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Carbon Auto part

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Grey Window

·
-
1,763 Posts
Years ago when I got the rear windows tinted on our 2006 TSX, I took out that plastic tray assembly with the rear speaker grilles to make it easier for the shop to tint the rear window.
Rather than unbolting the center seat belt assembly, I cut a smooth slit from the seat belt opening in the plastic tray straight down.
This allowed me to slip the seatbelt thru the slit and easily remove the rear plastic tray.
You can barely see the slit and it's hidden completely when the seat backs are upright.

You might want to try something similar to remove the plastic tray. Then you can access the center seatbelt retractor assembly to unlock/release it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts