Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1217 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
After the TSX first came out, a lot of people would write up their impressions of the car on these forums.
But lately, the new owners haven't been doing it so much, maybe because they figure it's old news.

Well, I don't think it is. For one thing, the car is still relatively new. But moreover, it's quite possible that Honda/Acura has been "tweaking" the car in every next batch -- so maybe the newer cars are actually different. For example, many of the early owners complained about "rattles" (although not me :D ) -- maybe that problem has already been ironed out??? We really don't know. And so on.

And just in general, I think many of us would like to hear from new owners about your cars --
-- Are they great? Are there any problems? Are you exhilarated? Disappointed? What do you love about the car?
How does it compare to other cars that you've had?

Enquiring minds want to know. 1blue1.gif

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmmmm.

Let's see......they're selling about 1800 TSX's a month.
That's about 60 a day -- 60 new TSX owners every day.

Don't any of you 60 people a day want to say how your TSX's are?

I guess it's that the cars are perfect and they're all having too good of a time driving around in their perfect TSX's.

I just knew it would be like that. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Ok, I'll jump in. I am the happy owner of the TSX (bought it yesterday), Meteor Silver (which I am still convinced is light blue) still trying to decide if I love or just like this color.

But, I absolutely love the handling of this vehicle!

Coming from a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, which honestly was nothing but trouble. Serious oil pressure issues.. anyway, cut my losses

There is no way I could of touched a 2004 A4 with the same features as the TSX for that price point.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tidalwavetim said:
Ok, I'll jump in. I am the happy owner of the TSX (bought it yesterday), Meteor Silver (which I am still convinced is light blue) still trying to decide if I love or just like this color.

But, I absolutely love the handling of this vehicle!

Coming from a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, which honestly was nothing but trouble. Serious oil pressure issues.. anyway, cut my losses

There is no way I could of touched a 2004 A4 with the same features as the TSX for that price point.
Thanks for the post -- nice little write-up, plus maybe it breaks the ice for other new owners to come on!

About Meteor Silver actually being "light blue": You'll probably enjoy this post of mine from a couple of weeks ago. It was funny then, and funnier now in view of your post:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9103&highlight=meteor#post9103

Regarding your experience with the A4: I'm going to reference your post for the benefit of our member Ferg, who earlier today said he feels Audi might be problematic but humbly wondered if there was any evidence to back up that feeling.

T

·
0 Posts
I'm just now reading your post regarding the color of MSM - too funny, its still a nice color but it really has to grow on you. I had the choice of the red - which for me was REALLY red, or the MSM.

Regarding that A4 1.8T - All I can say is that particular engine, which is the same engine in the Passat I believe but don't hold me to that, has had a rough legacy. Specifically with the oil pressure and the turbo after XX amount of miles. Still a great car to drive, but I do not regret my decision for a second (they couldnt get me out of that car fast enough when I was on the Acura lot)

Glad to be on board.
I'll share my 'first impressions' after I go on a serious drive this weekend.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tidalwavetim said:
.....MSM ......it's still a nice color but it really has to grow on you. I had the choice of the red - which for me was REALLY red, or the MSM.....
I probably would have taken the MSM if I could have gotten it as fast as what I did get, which was the Carbon Gray. I think Arctic Blue would have been my second choice.

I think I would have been very happy with the Meteor Silver but that I would have regretted getting the Arctic Blue over the CG.
But, btw, even though people haven't been talking much about the Arctic Blue they must be pretty interested in it because I see that the Arctic Blue pics have been getting a great many views.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah i switched from a 1998 Audi A4 to a TSX, i agree Audi is nothing but trouble, dont get me wrong Audi is an excellent car except it has reliability issues. I dont regred my decision on the TSX, I like the car a lot for now it fits me well. Lets see if I feel the same way when my lease expires.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
tidalwavetim said:
Welcome to the community. Congrats on your purchase.

How much HP does A4 1.8T come with?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
How much HP does A4 1.8T come with?
180hp, if memory serves.

I tested a A4 CVT (FWD), which has a base price the same as the TSX. With a few options, about $3k (Cdn) more. The quattro was a few G's more than that. Nice car, but I thought the TSX was better in most respects except exterior styling. On top of that, the Audi dealer did not negotiate price, which made the effective price difference even more.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Audi A4 is indeed a fine car. Although I've never owned an Audi before so I can't comment on the reliability but it's one nice car to look at.

180HP? I know it's only 1.8L but it's turbo so I was expecting it in the 200HP range.

Makes you wonder how Honda can pump out 200HP out of non-turbo 2.0L in RSX-S or better yet 240HP from 2.2L (2.0L prev gen) in S2K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my Honda Accord Euro for about 2 months ...

The good -

1.Love the styling ... elegant and executive IMO

2.Love the handle ... coming off driving a 4WD for 8 years i really notice the difference

3. Nice interior ... excellent finish i reckon

4. Very quiet cabin ... I sometimes don't know if my engine is on or not

5. Excellent Pricing ..

6. My colour ARTIC BLUE .... I just love blue ...

The BAD -

1. Stereo system ... doesn't matter though cause I'm putting in aftermarket stuff

and that's it ... the good heavily out weighs the bad in my eyes ...
and i wouldn't be satisfied owning any other car well in this price bracket anyways ... heheh

thanx kewl ... i'm new to the forum ... long time reader first time poster .. heheheh

·
Orangeblood
136 Posts
Re: Stereo System

I'm no audiophile. I come from a GM with a Delco. It was not the Bose premium, but I always thought it sounded pretty good. Had one very cool feature, and that was a sort of EQ setting for each radio station or CD. Choices were like jazz (\__/), rock (\___), vocal (__/) and classical (___) and it showed a graphic like the parens to let you know. I kept it on the treble-heavy ones mostly. Was a good thing I thought. Could also use a knob to independently set bass and treble.

The TSX system sounds by comparison muddy. Have to tune down the bass and up the treble. It does crank up pretty well though. I haven't really messed with it that much.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bigbuddha said:
I've had my Honda Accord Euro for about 2 months ...

The good -

1.Love the styling ... elegant and executive IMO
2.Love the handle ... coming off driving a 4WD for 8 years i really notice the difference
3. Nice interior ... excellent finish i reckon
4. Very quiet cabin ... I sometimes don't know if my engine is on or not
5. Excellent Pricing ..
6. My colour ARTIC BLUE .... I just love blue ...

The BAD -

1. Stereo system ... doesn't matter though cause I'm putting in aftermarket stuff

and that's it ... the good heavily out weighs the bad in my eyes ...
and i wouldn't be satisfied owning any other car well in this price bracket anyways ... heheh

thanx kewl ... i'm new to the forum ... long time reader first time poster .. heheheh
Welcome, buddha -- and it looks like maybe this calls for a DOUBLE thank you?? (see below)
Firstly to buddha -- we especially appreciate members from overseas -- we love the extra perspective.
And we're extra-interested to hear about the Euro Accord. It's basically the same car, but it's not exactly the same, so.....

And maybe we need to thank KEWL? (That's the name that our member JNGold uses on other sites.) Did you find out about this site from him? Or maybe you were just saying kewl. :donno:
Either way, it's kewl. :D

I noticed you said on the other site that you don't have rattles -- that's great. I think it seems like the newer cars are less and less likely to have rattles. I don't think we know for sure yet, but I think it is so.

I agree completely with you and Mark about the sound system. I do the same that Mark does -- turn the bass down (a lot) and the treble up (a little). I haven't noticed anybody else saying that before (although maybe they did). This doesn't make the sound great, but it makes it OK.

Buddha -- after you do your aftermarket stuff, please do let us know exactly what you did and how it is!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm.....no new reviews here for a week and a half.
I guess Acura hasn't sold any new TSX's lately. :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
larchmont said:
Hmmm.....no new reviews here for a week and a half.
I guess Acura hasn't sold any new TSX's lately. :D
I wouldn't say that. My guess is that the new owner's are out driving their new TSX :)

1 - 20 of 1217 Posts