Acura TSX Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1217 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have an 04' - its been a good car so far - i bought it with 100K and have put around 50K on it in the last year and a half or so.

Big thing that bothers me is the burning oil issue that the 04-05' have. I got through over a quart of oil every oil change - just another thing to worry about.

ive also had issues with the brakes - now i mean i bought autozone stuff but the rotors wore out/warpped every couple months and i highway drive most of it so no sure why - but I got RB Brakes and it seems to have fixed it for the time being.

Other things ive had to replace - passenger upper control arm, passenger side axle.

Aside from the bad things - it has been a great car - i get around 30 mpg with a 70/30 highway/city mix, i have I/H/Reflash on the car and it has a ton more power than before, coupled with the lowering springs - its a nice all around car that drives well and has good power - I like the 6 spd trans but if it was me i would switch the trans to an RSX or newer civic trans as they are geared better.

That is my review so far since ive had it.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Only have had my '06 since February... put about 7k mi on it so far.

No issues to really report, other than things that the previous owner(s) mis-repaired or installed improperly...

TSXs are solid cars. Just need proper maintenance and care

·
Przemek Gradzki
229 Posts
I have a 2007 with 41k miles. It's a automatic in PWP color and parchment interior. Have the car three days so far and I'm loving it. I don't have much to say about it since I pretty much just got it.
I'll try to keep you guys updated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone. I bought this car two years ago. I think it is a good car, I had few cars before, and I am sure - this one is the best

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to the TSX

hey,
Just bought my 04 a month ago in immaculate condition. I would make the choice over and over again if i could, love this car its great. Definitely keeping it until it retires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a 2006 PWP 6-speed with 70k about a month ago. It has been very nice (also own a 01 GSR Sedan). No problems so far. Got the hondata flash which opened it up.

I would like the suspension a little stiffer and lower to have better response. I invested in the Tein Street Flex coilovers so i'm excited.

·
wat
60 Posts
I've owned my '04 for about a month now, maybe a little less.

Overall review: I love it. Yes, it has its issues just like any other '04, but the good always outweigh the bad.

Problems that have occurred: CD player stopped reading CD's, navi unit works only on very cold days, and now for some reason when I was driving around 30 MPH, and again when I was sitting in a drivethrough, the car shut down for a split second, all lights turned off/flickered, then powered back on. Scared the shit out of me, still not sure what that issue is..

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only thing I have come across is when I am sitting in the car and turn the wheel when not rolling it squeaks but if I'm moving it doesn't and it gets a little annoying. Other than that I have no issues except the pinstriping. Hated it so I removed it. Love my tsx

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 5at

my only issue is with the map lights. didnt work when i bought it, replaced the bulbs, still doesnt work. minor random electrical issue that doesnt seem very common

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've owned my '04 for about a month now, maybe a little less.

Overall review: I love it. Yes, it has its issues just like any other '04, but the good always outweigh the bad.

Problems that have occurred: CD player stopped reading CD's, navi unit works only on very cold days, and now for some reason when I was driving around 30 MPH, and again when I was sitting in a drivethrough, the car shut down for a split second, all lights turned off/flickered, then powered back on. Scared the shit out of me, still not sure what that issue is..
I just bought my 05 from my sister inlaw she's owned it since new and right before she sold it to me, she had me check out her car because of the same issues you described where occuring. I test drove it and thought it was going to be an alternator issue. So when she took it to her mechanic he wiggled the ignition switch with the car on and it would almost die out with flickering lights. so what the mechanic did was replace the ignition immobilizer and the car has been fine ever since. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just purchased

I bought my 2005 from my sister inlaw on 02/16/2014, she owned it since it was new. She kept all the records of every problem/ fixes, oil changes, everything you can imagine except the damn RL door actuator and the NAV DVD player malfunction which are not covered under warranty. The car had 169,000 on it but I know those where highway miles and she never stomped on it or carried any passengers. So the suspension still felt tight. She did however use 87 gas and never had the throttle body and intake cleaned and ran like a dog. So when I got my hands on it, the first thing I did, was give it deep cleaning. After I was done, the car idled super high and figured it was because the tb was so gunked up the cpu had to compensate for the lack of airflow; but once I ran lucas fuel injector cleaner, topped off the tank with chevron 91 and reset the computer. The damn thing runs like new again, no oil burning or anything. If I remember correctly, it really does feel like the first time I test drove it in 2005. I mentioned that to my sister inlaw and she got so devastated, because she thought it was gonna give her problems after fixing the alternator, ignition coils, and key immobilizer that she went out and bought a new 2014 CRV; but hey I'm super happy with the car and recently added a lowering kit and XXR 530, with more mods to come.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got to say that I love my tsx. Its been 6 months and I have loved every bit of it. The only problem that I have had isa power steering pumping/rack problem which was an easy but expensive fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my 04 acura tsx 3 days ago and i love it, color red, custom red leather interior w wood etc. Now im looking for the A spec lips and i want to know if a lip made of "hand laid Resoflex FRP" its good enough? Never heard of that before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2nd day of owning my '08 Black 6spd with navi with only 73,400 miles on it and im loving every minute of it!

Coming from a '97 Prelude 5spd with H23a VTEC swap, this TSX is a night and day difference.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2004 TSX ABP 6MT NON Navi from a friend of mine. I'm loving every minute of it. I never thought I'd own a blue car and a FWD again, but I love it! :)

1161 - 1180 of 1217 Posts