Acura TSX Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1217 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys, bought my 05 CGP auto about a year and a half ago. This is my first car and overall I've grown pretty fond of it. Honda's just one of those companies I feel has the owner's needs and satisfaction in mind (ie. reliability, handling, fuel efficiency)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been poking around, I guess I'll check in here to officially say "Hello."

Just picked up a "high milage" 06 with ~148k miles. I nearly bought a brand new car instead :) but I really liked the TSX a lot. This is replacing a 1993 car with 240k miles (Brand shall remain nameless to protect the innocent but my username will give it away) that is also still going strong, but starting to give me more trouble than I want to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

This car had an impeccable, dealer-maintained service record, rock chip protectant film on the hood, headlights, and mirrors, flawless interior, and I almost ordered the splash guards last night but I double checked and it's already got them installed! Feeling really good about this car and looking forward to putting another 100k of "turn it on and go" miles on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been poking around, I guess I'll check in here to officially say "Hello."

Just picked up a "high milage" 06 with ~148k miles. I nearly bought a brand new car instead :) but I really liked the TSX a lot. This is replacing a 1993 car with 240k miles (Brand shall remain nameless to protect the innocent but my username will give it away) that is also still going strong, but starting to give me more trouble than I want to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

This car had an impeccable, dealer-maintained service record, rock chip protectant film on the hood, headlights, and mirrors, flawless interior, and I almost ordered the splash guards last night but I double checked and it's already got them installed! Feeling really good about this car and looking forward to putting another 100k of "turn it on and go" miles on it.
My car just turned 151k miles. I've had it since 127k. By the feel and looks of it we should enjoy these machines for another 100k miles easy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I bought an '04 NBP 5AT with 102,307 miles on the odometer. Early in the morning Thursday and Friday it had some trouble starting before I went to work. This Saturday I get home from work and the passenger side front window does not want to go up. I try starting the car early this morning and nothing. I had a mechanic look at it and he says my starter and window regulator needs to be replaced. :mecry:

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I bought an '04 NBP 5AT with 102,307 miles on the odometer. Early in the morning Thursday and Friday it had some trouble starting before I went to work. This Saturday I get home from work and the passenger side front window does not want to go up. I try starting the car early this morning and nothing. I had a mechanic look at it and he says my starter and window regulator needs to be replaced. :mecry:
That's sucks but you should expect some things to go wrong with a 10 yr old car with over 100k on it. Maybe after these things are fixed you will be good to go :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I recently bought an '04 6spd Navi with 180k for $3000. It was a one owner. All highway miles. The interior is near perfect, no noises from the suspension or inside rattles. Everything works and haven't had any problems (knock on wood). The Navi is a little dated but gets the job done. No complaints here. I was a little surprised at the gas mileage (lower than expected)but overall a very solid car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an 2007 black manual TSX last summer with 69k miles on it. I'm in Charlottesville so it was not easy to find a TSX for sale (all were in DC area), let alone a manual one.

Before the purchase I spent a year researching different cars and fell in love with the TSX. Surprisingly, the time that I finally had the money, a manual TSX ad popped up on Craigslist in my area. There was no way I could let it go... Also, the previous owner and I became friends since then.

Now It's been 8 months and I absolutely love it! I learned heel and toe in this car. I took it to Shenandoah several times. I tried to learn all the mechanical stuff about the car. It's my first car, and I knew nothing back then about things like air intake, manifold, sway bar, etc.. Thank you folks on tsxclub for teaching me so much, though I never posted anything prior to this one.

Now, everything worked perfect until recently. I had to change the oil only after less than 4k miles since last maintenance. There was almost no oil. I read some posts saying that the computer would make calculation based on driving habits, but the mechanic said miles should be the only factor. He cleaned engine and throttle body. Not sure if that's relevant but it doesn't hurt I guess. Also, I just ordered Stoptech slotted front brake rotors and Akebono brake pads to solve the warped rotor issue. Looking forward to testing them!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've been off for a while but still have my 06 TSX w/ Navi with about 118,000 miles now. It is now the son's daily high school driver and I have an RDX and the wife drives a MDX now. It has been just routine maint, one brake job, wipers, front/rear camber kit, one battery, and 3rd sets of tires for the TSX since purchase of May/06

·
Registered
180 Posts
^ Just wondering why you bought a front camber kit? A lot of guys here drop their cars pretty low without a front kit with no/little issues with front camber?? I'm still new to this car and curious...

·
Registered
539 Posts
^ Just wondering why you bought a front camber kit? A lot of guys here drop their cars pretty low without a front kit with no/little issues with front camber?? I'm still new to this car and curious...
I have the A-spec suspension+Progress RSB since 2007. The rear camber has always been a little off; but, not enough to worry about with regular tire rotations/cross-rotations. I think it was just normal wear/tear and the front passenger camber only was getting more and more out of spec with every alignment. Tried replacing with OEM part with no change in camber getting back to normal. Decided to go for HeelToe HTSpec Ultimate Camber Kit combo to get the front and rear camber in the green and it worked. One of my OEM endlinks snapped in half just pulling up into my driveway with the new parts. I replaced the rear endlinks with Fastline Performance adjustable powerlinks about a week after the upgrade (also from HeelToe Automotive).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loving mine so far

I picked up an 06 Base Automatic in July 2014. It's my first used vehicle, but it's already become my favorite.

Although I have been having a weird electrical issue that I have yet to solve on this thing. "Check Airbag System" will flash on for a brief second and radio cutting in/out, and it'll happen 3-4 times while I'm driving to work.

Sometimes the Check VSA/ABS/Brake light will flash on for a second, one right after the other then go away.
Sometimes my lights inside the dashboard console ALL turn off, radio turned off while I was driving on the freeway. This includes the speedometer, tachometer dashboard and radio, HVAC system briefly shutting off for a second, then turning back on.

I'm not a big "under the hood" guy but I took a look and cleaned alot of corrosion from my battery, and the cables. That solved the issue for about a month, but the problem is back now unfortunately.

I'll start by changing the battery and cables out soon. Bought the car @ 99K Miles so, I wasn't expecting perfection.

The good thing is that it doesn't make the car completely undrivable. It's just a little obnoxious.

Other than that and some minor cosmetic issues, its been totally awesome.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well I have babied my car since I got it and recently I got on it a couple of times to see what it'll do and it was pretty disappointing. These cars are slow. It's completely stock, with the exception of new plugs and air filter(oem). It has a good midrange but doesn't "pull" throughout the rpms especially above 4000rpm...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got my hand on a 2006 black and tan interior with the body 8/10 and interior 12/10 lol. I got it las thursday. Interior is brand new even smells new 9 years later and elderly lady drove it and was single and never carried anyone in the back and rarely in passenger. My dad bought the car 2 years ago and i needed a car and he has passed it down to me and i will continue the payments. Coming from a Lexus Gs400 power is a huge difference and room is a little smaller than what i am used to, but it will do. I enjoy my daily rides now saving gas and nice luxury ride for a great price. Dad bought extended warranty for another 4 years and i should pay off the car in less than 4 years everything is covered except brakes and wipers and i am ok with that. I think i git a good deal since i will be paying off the car and total amount owed is $10800. I wish it had the navi in it but the bluetooth is good enough for me with the Aux cord plugged to my phone i can live haha. So far i really enjoy the car its nice quiet i wish it had like 10-20 hp more or torque and i would be happier hahaha.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a 2005 TSX PWP with 128000 km's about 1 month ago. After 5 golfs and GTI's and being a big VW fan for the last 12 years, I never thought I'd love a Honda/Acura product so much. I love the way this car feels, looks, drives. It handles well, and the power is fantastic. Totally different than my 1.8T and 2.0T GTI's.

Love this car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all. I picked up a '05 5AT Navi with 36k on it for $6k. Little old lady around the corner from me was moving to a retirement home and couldn't take it with her. She had it in her garage since new. She has performed all routine and preventative maintenance. The only thing I decided to do was replace the pads and rotors because the rotors were warped. This car is like brand freaking new. I felt bad only giving the old lady $6k...but that's what she wanted and she is a friend of the family. I worked in an acura dealership for 10 years....and as long as you take care of these cars....they will take care of you!!:)

1181 - 1200 of 1217 Posts