Votes: 7 35.0%
  • 300whp+

Votes: 2 10.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be changing a few parts on my current build so thought I'd make a poll post for kicks and giggles. My current setup made 263whp and 189wtq. Current Setup *click*(http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/54146-project-special-k-has-begun.html)

This time around I'll be running with: RRC IM port matched to a J37 70mm TB, Custom 3.5" CAI, Claying of Head for maximum VTC advancement clearance and MFactory Helical LSD. Will be tuned using E85 fuel!

*And hopefully a 3' single exit exhaust*

So as the post states.. how much of an increase in power do you guys think I would make?

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
How much vtc advance provides optimum power on your cams anyways?
I had the impression blueprint cams performed best at less than 30 degrees for some reason, but I could well be wrong.

With the other parts alone, I would think 275-280whp on same dyno.
But I think on e85 would make a massive difference, maybe about 290 with the fuel?

What's the prize anyways for guessing right? :lol:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much vtc advance provides optimum power on your cams anyways?
I had the impression blueprint cams performed best at less than 30 degrees for some reason, but I could well be wrong.

With the other parts alone, I would think 275-280whp on same dyno.
But I think on e85 would make a massive difference, maybe about 290 with the fuel?

What's the prize anyways for guessing right? :lol:
I also had the impression that max advancement on these cams was 20-30* but after talking to one or the guys over at BluePrint, the've run 50* on their built motors using their stage3 cam. So I'll clay it to see how much I can go.

The right answer gets a.... (Drum Roll) CONGRATULATIONS! Haha.. if your close by maybe a ride in the car??

·
Registered
862 Posts
You r looking for peak power , you VTC must be retarded from mid to top, i think you make most power on small VTC angle. You can make a test for yourself which angle gives most power on your setup , just measure max advance you can make on vtec and fill in your vtec map with fixed angle , 5 , then 10 and so on , make few pulls from same place on good flat roadm make virtual dyno graphs and youll see . Most of ST2 cams dont let you to advance more than 35 on vtec, you have st3 , if you have bigger lobes then ... 25-30 is your max you can use when vtec kicks in then retard it to the end.

As for mods , i think youll see 15 more hp.

Good luck bro ! Push it to the limit ))

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You r looking for peak power , you VTC must be retarded from mid to top, i think you make most power on small VTC angle. You can make a test for yourself which angle gives most power on your setup , just measure max advance you can make on vtec and fill in your vtec map with fixed angle , 5 , then 10 and so on , make few pulls from same place on good flat roadm make virtual dyno graphs and youll see . Most of ST2 cams dont let you to advance more than 35 on vtec, you have st3 , if you have bigger lobes then ... 25-30 is your max you can use when vtec kicks in then retard it to the end.

As for mods , i think youll see 15 more hp.

Good luck bro ! Push it to the limit ))
Only 15?? I think I should be good for about an extra 30whp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts