Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

Anyone else have an issue getting their smartphone to work? I have had iPhone for the past 10 years, and last phone was an iPhone 5s - it worked fine. I just purchased an LG V35, and it will not register. My old iPhone would bring-up the Aux/USB connection on the monitor, but when I plug my new phone in, it never shows. I've tried re-connecting the phone numerous times. Any thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone might be interested, I discovered the issue. Apple iPhones have a built-in flash drive, and Android phones do not. This is the reason iPhones will work with the usb connection and register on the NAV screen and Android phones won’t. I found however, that you can connect an Android phone to the system via a 1/8” cord (people today often refer to this as an “aux cord”). You can’t use the NAV monitor/system to control the output of your phone though, and you will have to use your phone to play content. This is a slight drawback, but at least you can play audio from the Android device.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts