Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go out earlier tonight and take pictures of my car. Here they are.:)

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
from the ground.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the rear...

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:)

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
instrument cluster on the way home.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
2004_Acura_TSX said:
instrument cluster on the way home.
Nice pics!! Makes me wish I should've stuck with my original choice in color...

:nono: should have your seatbelt on when driving :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Holy whatever -- how can you tell he's not? :donno:
Good eye I guess.

(We're really kicking poor AC's butt these days, ain't we?)

BTW the Arctic Blue looks DARKER in these pics than usual, doesn't it? (I think I like it even better that way.)
I assume it's just the lighting?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joker said:
Nice pic's, but why the huge watermarks (ChinchillaX)?
The watermarks are there for a reason. Last month someone jacked pictures of my car from my ************* and Cardomain gallery and used them for an ebay auction. The seller used pictures of my car to sell TSX front and rear bumpers and tail lights. TSX 'R' US should remember this incident on the other board. I don't understand why this person didn't take pictures of the actual item, but instead he takes from me and vtec.net.:rolleyes:

Watermarking my pictures make it less desirable for a photo thief to use. Also, ChinchillaX is my user name on the local street scene forum here, its also part my email address.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I remember that from the other board. And while the watermark didn't bother me, it does of course detract from the pics.
I personally don't see that it's worth it to detract from your pics just to prevent the rare occurrence of what happened with that eBay guy. I say this mostly because IT REALLY IS so rare. But also, I never did understand why it bothered you so much. If it happened to me, I honestly think I'd be mostly flattered and I'd laugh about it, although I'd also think the person who stole it was an a**hole.

I really am curious about why it did bother you so much, and why you want to go to such lengths to discourage its happening again -- which really it probably wouldn't anyway. I know that it seemed everybody else totally understood how you felt about it, but I didn't.

Like I said before, we sure are giving poor AC a hard time lately. :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joker said:
Go it!
Did you report him to EBay? If so, did they take them down?
I didn't know about the auction until one of my friends told me about it. He was browsing stuff for the TSX and noticed pics of my car on one of the auctions. The seller of the "supposed" TSX parts was located in New Britain, CT of all places, yet I am located in Chicago. I then notified ebay about it. It took them three days to remove the auction.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
P.S. to my last post: Ooops, I just remembered that part about how if the buyer got screwed, he might come after YOU because of your license plate showing in the pics!!!!!

Yes, that would have bothered me too. :tard:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
larchmont said:
Holy whatever -- how can you tell he's not? :donno:
Good eye I guess.
Last pic in the middle on bottom...the seat belt light is on :D

Just messin' with AC :D

Though, your emissions light is also on too...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Yup, I definately remember that ebay incident. I wouldn't mind if someone refers to my pic, but to use it to sell something, that's totally wrong. Good to hear it got resolved.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Last pic in the middle on bottom...the seat belt light is on :D

Just messin' with AC :D
Oh, I get it -- you're saying he should wear his seat belt when he's sitting in there taking pics. :D
your emissions light is also on too...
We sure are busting poor AC's chops an awful lot lately, ain't we? :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
If the seatbelt light stays on even when the belt is buckled, I think we'd have to say, yes, that's a malfunction.

About the "check engine" light being on, maybe it's part of the same thing.
But maybe it's this: When that light stays on, it seems usually to mean that THE GAS CAP isn't properly on. It happened to me a couple of times. The first time, my Acura service guy diagnosed it over the phone. The second time, I figured it was probably the same thing, and it was.

So I'd suggest just taking off the gas cap and putting it back on, making sure you get those "clicks." And even if that was the problem, don't expect the light to turn off right away. Supposedly it can take a few days to go back off, but in my experience it goes off pretty quickly (although not immediately).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts