Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Picture your wheel as a lever, here is what a stock on looks like
------|-|
So from left to right you have your axle than rotor than wheel.

Heres your setup with spacers and crazy offset

------|---|
........^
Your bearing is at the arrow, if you picture a 1/4 ratchet as the top one you dont have much torque there, now picture a 1/2 ratchet on the bottom one, you have much more torque. Basically the weight of your car pushing down now has more torque on your wheel bearings and will cause premature wear. When? Not sure depends on how much you drive, how crappy the roads are, and the current condition of your bearings.

With Imports the whole hub assembly has to be replaced NOT just the bearing. Its not a difficult job if your mech. inclined but why not just get wheels that fit correctly? Its your car so Im not gonna say it looks bad or good, This is just advice about what damage could be done from running the wrong wheels on a car that is very very heavy.

I say sell these and get wheels that fit correctly with proper offset, pokin looks good but this is excessive, and illegal in many states.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only reason I picked the wheels up because they were $800 and the seller didn't know the offset. So I took the chance and im trying to make them.work. thanks for the advice. Ill see what happens in the future. Most likely these were just going to be a summer when anyways.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are they 17x9.5" +42mm?
If those are real SSR's, you'll make some good $ selling them.
there 17x9 i believe and yes they are real. That's also why i would like to keep them :). They came with nice tires as well. Falken Azenis 615ks. I just had the fenders pulled today and no rubbing unless hard cornering. I will be doing a camber kit next week as well. I'll have some better pictures up soon.

Also i was only kidding about spacers

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
there 17x9 i believe and yes they are real. That's also why i would like to keep them :). They came with nice tires as well. Falken Azenis 615ks. I just had the fenders pulled today and no rubbing unless hard cornering. I will be doing a camber kit next week as well. I'll have some better pictures up soon.

Also i was only kidding about spacers
GOOD :laugh:

but seriously if you hit a large enough pot hole with that offset you can say goodbye to your fenders :/

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GOOD :laugh:

but seriously if you hit a large enough pot hole with that offset you can say goodbye to your fenders :/
I always try to avoid potholes anyways, but i hear ya. thanks for the advice. now I just need some honda badges and debating on euro r lip, or get 04 bumper and do the a-spec lip.... so undecided :donno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts