·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
That's a good thing but I wonder why?

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
That's a good thing but I wonder why?
" expected to reduce the time and cost of the smog check. The program will now take better advantage of a vehicle's OBD II technology by eliminating tailpipe testing and instead using the vehicle's own OBD II emissions monitoring system."

Cool now people can ass inspection there w/ exhaust lol

·
Registered
714 Posts
you lucky ***kers! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PARTAY!! :festive::festive:

so you can basically run de cat and still pass smog?

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! time to do my pre-muffler and resonator delete

·
Registered
427 Posts
hmmm... if my sensor is de-fouled... and no check engine light is present... then we good. =D

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Update!!

NOT SO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT in effect yet!! Every smog place I contacted still does the tailpipe smog. Although they are all aware of the new law apparently a memo was passed that this might not go into effect until the 3rd quarter of the year.

I actually took my car to get smogged on monday and I noticed they put the sniffer in my car's tailpipe. I asked the tech about it and informed him about the new law and that's when he clued me in. Luckily my car was too low for him to even test bcuz when they put my car on the roller my oil pan was a hair from the ground.

That's when I went home and started calling around to a number of places and they all confirmed what the first guy told me so last night I swapped out my FLP cat and put the oem cat back on and raised my car a bit. I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to get my car smogged this afternoon.

·
Registered
550 Posts
they will still plug into your OBD port. if the system is not in a ready state or a CEL YOU FAIL/

and they will also do a visual. if they dont see a cat or an o2 then FAIL/

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I smogged like four months ago and they still did the tailpipe test

1 - 14 of 14 Posts