Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! just put my new subs in 2 days ago, and wow! I bought the subs off of BassMechanic, who you probably know used to manufacture his own subs. and let me tell you, everything he says about his subs are true. i bought a dual 8" power mouse, which is a custom made box built specifically for these subs, loaded with 8" subs. Its a very solid box, not mention heavy - at around 100lbs its no small feat lugging it around, and you can really tell its great quality just by looking at it. also, the box has an amp rack displaying the amp behind a laser etched-design plexiglass cover with blue illumination (i dont have this cover yet, but itll be shipped soon).
at first i was a bit skeptical as to how 2 8"s would compare to my old alpine 12" type r. fear not, it was a great change. these 8"s not only hit harder, naturally, but they play just as low, probably lower, than my old 12" type r. not only that, but BassMechanic even wired everything he could to the 5 channel amp, which he ordered for me at wholesale price, that he could - power, ground, remote, speaker wire, rca's, the works. and not just that, he upgraded my wiring kit to a 4 guage IXOS one, some of the best wiring out there. So thats half the battle already done for me.
The bass sounds great!!! no distortion at all, even all the way turned up. and heres the kicker... i still have to install my head unit and components!! so its gonna sound even better!! Since i couldnt wait to put the subs in, i just wired them via 6x9 signal etc. etc.
im going out of town this wed. so hopefully by then ill have taken my car to an installer to get this all done and away with. and then ill really be bumpin!
Thank you BassMechanic for the awesome subs

·
Registered
6 Posts
He is still around? Last I spoke with him he was getting started as an insurance agent I believe, its been quite some time.

Glad you like your setup. Several people on the clubrsx forums use the powermouse setup as well!

dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts