Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new rims.... in the market for some new tires...

the rims are 18x7.5 and i was looking to get a 225/40/18

any brands you all would recommend or stay away from???

sorry all the new threads just want to get my setup done and on the road!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just some questions so I can give you better suggestions:

1)what state do you live in so I can get an idea of what type of weather you are going to be in.

2)What type of driving do you do? aggressive,cruise, highway, city, etc.

3)How long are you expecting to have your tires last (what do you prefer more-longevity or grip in your tires)

4)Will these wheels/tires be used throughout the whole year or are you planning to have winter wheels and then put these back on during the spring

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Pennsylvania

I would say i cover all spectrums in terms of my driving style unfortunately

Id like to atleast get two summers out of the tires.....

these would be my spring/summer set up.

thanks in advance

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
The best tires for MY money have gotta be Hankook Ventus V12 Evo hands down.
Since u mentioned spring/summer setup, I'd look into these. Plenty of positive feedback and reviews out there.
GL.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hankook Ventus V12s also on my WRX. . .step up from the FK452s I was running. The TSX has Continental ExtremeContact DWS, great tire also, less performance though.

·
Has God-Like Powers
550 Posts
I am SO GLAD someone asked this question. I was thinking Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The Nitto NeoGen's on my Volk's I don't like at all... :( I need comfort. I've previously driven on Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's and liked them. What do you guys like about the Hankook's so much that would make me like them over the Michelin's? (Besides the price!!)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
General Tire Exclaim UHP or Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, you cant go wrong.

both are great, cheap(inexpensive) summer tires. The Hankooks are sticky but wont last as lone as the rain masters (GT Exclaim UHP)

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
I am SO GLAD someone asked this question. I was thinking Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The Nitto NeoGen's on my Volk's I don't like at all... :( I need comfort. I've previously driven on Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's and liked them. What do you guys like about the Hankook's so much that would make me like them over the Michelin's? (Besides the price!!)
I cannot comment too much on Michelin PS2's but I know that these are some of the best if not the best tires out there, but very, very pricey. Perhaps cYn can chime in bcuz I believe he has these.

Here's an article with reviews/comparisons from a couple years ago. These are summer tires but depending on location some can be used year round.
Enjoy.

Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
I've got the Michelins too J...(the pilot sport ultra high performance all seasons since ohio weather is very unpredictable and i didnt want any of the crazy temp changes to affect the sensitive rubber of strict summer tires)

i just put my volks and michelins on today in fact...definately the best tire brand out there IMO....very good quality, quiet with minimal road noise even going 80+mph on highway, comfortable, and doesnt slack one bit when it comes to performance (reference to highway). since tires are the car's main contact point in the road, this is one part i refuse to save a few bucks on. the right tire can make all the difference. plus, when they run that $70 rebate promo, its kind of a no-brainer for me.

ps: hankook makes their stuff in "5 production facilities, located in China, Hungary and Korea" Welcome to Hankook Tire....nothing against those countries but id rather have my stuff made in USA or Canada like my Michelins

1 - 13 of 13 Posts