Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the weekend I bought a set of Yokohama envigor (225/45/17), before this I had a set of Hankook winters (225/45/17) which were damn good accept the noise and the crack side walls which cause me to replace them.

I was debating between the Hankook V4s and the Yokohamma envigors. So I decide on the envigors and may have been a mistake. Positives are smother ride to the point where it feels I'm riding on air (no road feel in the steering) but my biggest complaint is that car now has severely decreased acceleration. I know these are all seasons and they have tones of tread life but damn it man, my care has no more get-up-and-go VTEC

Any suggestions on what the problems might be? ie, tire weight wrong sit

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
no idea, never experienced this, had the stock tires on it previously ... do you have the W rated or H? i have the same tires, W rated, they are a heavier tire- i think about 21lbs. but that's because they are rated for 60k miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its just not a peppy as before. With the winters on my car just keeps pulling like crazy and now it hardy moves. Today on the highway in 5th, I put it in overdrive and barely moved. Its the W rated and overall acceleration is just different, I have no idea either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts