Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2004 Acura TSX
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2004 TSX as a daily driver.馃 I'm planning on making some changes to it to fit my purpose. It's not perfect and needs updating. Hopefully I can count on all of you for some help.馃檹 Maybe you can point me to the right direction on some of my issues. Where to buy, what to avoid, blah, blah.:LOL: I will try to upload some photos later. By the way, I'm more of a DIY kinda guy. But to give you an idea of what I need to address, here's a list:

-center console lights are dead. completely blacked out.
-cracked windshield.
-maybe a new battery.
-trans oil change.
-windshield wipers.
-I need new coilovers. It's lowered, so the ride is too stiff for me. Previous owner cut the coil springs to lower it.

THANK YOU!!!

Registered
Stupid auto..
Tein FlexZ coils are great for an inexpensive option for coils. TSX are great cars and there is a ton of info out there on what to do and what not to do. Best of luck!

Registered
2004 Acura TSX
Discussion Starter #6
Tein FlexZ coils are great for an inexpensive option for coils. TSX are great cars and there is a ton of info out there on what to do and what not to do. Best of luck!
Thank you for the info. As a matter of fact, I was researching coil overs last night and that brand name came up often. I don鈥檛 go to the track or drive fast for that matter, so I am really looking into getting something more for comfort while still having a nice stance.

Registered
Stupid auto..
I mean the Teins you can make really soft. Almost any coil is gonna be stiffer than stock tho. Only way to get a stock feel is... stock lol I am SURE the teins are gonna feel 10 times nice than those cut springs

Registered
Welcome, I am on my second TSX. My 04 had the same issue with the center stack lights. After checking the normal fuses and dimmer, I found a burned resistor in the radio printed circuit board, somewhat of an issue with the early TSX鈥檚. Acura had offered an extension of the warranty for that issue.

Registered
2004 Acura TSX
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, I am on my second TSX. My 04 had the same issue with the center stack lights. After checking the normal fuses and dimmer, I found a burned resistor in the radio printed circuit board, somewhat of an issue with the early TSX鈥檚. Acura had offered an extension of the warranty for that issue.
Thank you for your input. I havn鈥檛 got around to check the car out but that鈥檒l be one of the things I鈥檒l check.

Registered
2004 Acura TSX
Discussion Starter #11
So I decided I wanted a ride as close to stock. I went with KYBs. Saved a lot of money compared to coilovers.;) Now I need springs to go with them. What are your recommendations??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts