Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2004 Acura TSX
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2004 TSX as a daily driver.馃 I'm planning on making some changes to it to fit my purpose. It's not perfect and needs updating. Hopefully I can count on all of you for some help.馃檹 Maybe you can point me to the right direction on some of my issues. Where to buy, what to avoid, blah, blah.:LOL: I will try to upload some photos later. By the way, I'm more of a DIY kinda guy. But to give you an idea of what I need to address, here's a list:

-center console lights are dead. completely blacked out.
-cracked windshield.
-maybe a new battery.
-trans oil change.
-windshield wipers.
-I need new coilovers. It's lowered, so the ride is too stiff for me. Previous owner cut the coil springs to lower it.

THANK YOU!!!

Registered
Milage? auto or manual?
You can open the dash and replace all the lights, I saw a thread on here years ago of someone replacing all theirs with blue LED ones and it looked so good.

Trans fluid change is very simple, for manual you will need a soap dispenser type pump with a tube on it to feed it deep inside the fill hole,
for the automatics there is a dipstick you can stick a funnel into and fill from there (once you drain it on the bottom).

If the motor is 100k or more, I would change the gaskets in the head such as valve cover gasket, spark tube gaskets, fuel injector gaskets, vtec screen gasket. I would also change every fluid in the car. but im different im REALLY about my piece of mind so I just throw money at my car without second guessing lol.

Registered
2004 Acura TSX
Discussion Starter #3
Milage? auto or manual?
You can open the dash and replace all the lights, I saw a thread on here years ago of someone replacing all theirs with blue LED ones and it looked so good.

Trans fluid change is very simple, for manual you will need a soap dispenser type pump with a tube on it to feed it deep inside the fill hole,
for the automatics there is a dipstick you can stick a funnel into and fill from there (once you drain it on the bottom).

If the motor is 100k or more, I would change the gaskets in the head such as valve cover gasket, spark tube gaskets, fuel injector gaskets, vtec screen gasket. I would also change every fluid in the car. but im different im REALLY about my piece of mind so I just throw money at my car without second guessing lol.
Thanx for the info! It鈥檚 got 150k miles and it runs like a champ. I just did the trans fluid change a couple days ago. Previous owner did the engine oil change just before I bought it. Gonna replace spark plugs tomorrow. I鈥檓 going with NGK iridium.

Registered
2004 Acura TSX
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the info! It鈥檚 got 150k miles and it runs like a champ. I just did the trans fluid change a couple days ago. Previous owner did the engine oil change just before I bought it. Gonna replace spark plugs tomorrow. I鈥檓 going with NGK iridium.
Oh, it鈥檚 automatic. And I skipped on coilovers. I went with KYBs and Tein h-tech springs as I wanted a smother, softer ride.

Registered
I personally think the ngk is better, ive tried the denso and compared them and ngk seemed like a smoother idle.
So at 150k if its not giving you any issues right now thats great. I just helped my friend pick up a rustyyyy!! civic si from up north with 150k on it and the inside was still flawless because they changed all their fluids. But yeah check for oil leaks and I assume the suspension hass already been checked out by you. Im glad it runs solid, seems like a good buy. and very good coil set up

Registered
watch that power steering pump, itll leak 95% of the time. big issue with hondas of these years, but i also think its just baddd fluid that stayed there for many years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts