Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in Kirkland Washington and go to UW. I just got my new Black on Black Navi Auto TSX. Will be getting my windows tinted on wednesday and my oem kit and fogs installed on thursday. I also am getting that paint resealer thing from the dealer on thursday as well since I have a black car. Thanks

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
welcome aboard, what percent tint are you getting?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
welcome to TSXclub!:wavey:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Welcome!

About the paint sealer: What does it really do? (Plus, wtf is it, anyway?)

I don't think anybody has ever explained about it on this site, and I don't recall it on other sites either (although maybe I just didn't look in the right places). There was some discussion of it here a little while ago, but they didn't really get into it.

The paint on the TSX chips quite easily. I wonder if the sealer helps prevent/minimize that?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, welcome, and congrats on your new TSX :D
Please be sure and take some pic's for us!
Joker - who had the paint sealer done, and loves it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony4311 I plan on getting 15% Luminar since the mettalic messes with the navi right? I will have pictures once I get the tint and kit installed. The paint sealer is supposed to prevent things like the paint fade, like when birds poop on it and the acid eats through the clearcoat, the dealer says I never have to wax the car and I get a 5 year warranty on it so good deal.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Welcome to the site!! :wavey:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
phil217 said:
Tony4311 I plan on getting 15% Luminar since the mettalic messes with the navi right? I will have pictures once I get the tint and kit installed. The paint sealer is supposed to prevent things like the paint fade, like when birds poop on it and the acid eats through the clearcoat, the dealer says I never have to wax the car and I get a 5 year warranty on it so good deal.
I have Limo Llumar film installed (on the rear) by Jeff at www.aterrifictint.com,and it it does not effect the Navi in any way :) Be sure and ask your tinter if he has Llumar film!
Also, the paint sealer will leave your car (in the dealers words) feeling like a polished rock, and it does!! The water just beads off after you wash it, and it is very shinney.
Look at it as a wax job x's 100 Larch ;)
BTW, it will not keep you from getting paint chips. :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
I'm with joker on the tint. I've got 18% lumar metallic tint with no problems. If you're not really into detailing you can get the "paint sealer" which is basically a detail job. If you're into detailing skip it and do it yourself. It might also be cheaper to look up a detailing service in the phone book and have them do it. Despite what they say you will have to get it waxed again at some point well before 5 years. It will help prevent paint fade and bird crap damage. It's a layer of protection between the sun and crap and the clear coat.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
tony4311 said:
Despite what they say you will have to get it waxed again at some point well before 5 years.
My dealer told me that I would not have to wax for 5 years, but I agree.. At some point you will have to wax.
Joker - who got the paint sealer thrown into the deal when he bought his TSX, and loves it :)

·
New TSX Owner
14 Posts
I'm also new to the boards here...I'm awaiting my CGP/Ebony 5AT TSX to arrive in a few weeks; I never thought I'd be driving a sedan. I'm getting my car at Bobby Rahal Acura in Mechanicsburg, PA and they almost always try to push the paint-protection thing too. It's called TST Paint Protection (more specifically, TST 5000). It is a teflon-based formula and it's "guaranteed to last up to 5 years."

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
EPD Hater said:
I'm also new to the boards here...I'm awaiting my CGP/Ebony 5AT TSX to arrive in a few weeks; I never thought I'd be driving a sedan. I'm getting my car at Bobby Rahal Acura in Mechanicsburg, PA and they almost always try to push the paint-protection thing too. It's called TST Paint Protection (more specifically, TST 5000). It is a teflon-based formula and it's "guaranteed to last up to 5 years."
Bobby Rahal Acura? As in the Bobby Rahal?
Welcome to the site BTW!! :wavey:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
welcome to the club EPD Hater.:wavey:

·
New TSX Owner
14 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Bobby Rahal Acura? As in the Bobby Rahal?
Welcome to the site BTW!! :wavey:
Yes, the Bobby Rahal...he owns dealerships in Mechanicsburg (near Harrisburg) and near Pittsburgh. This Acura one is one of the Precision dealerships.

Thanks for making me feel welcome. 1blue1.gif

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
EPD Hater said:
Yes, the Bobby Rahal...he owns dealerships in Mechanicsburg (near Harrisburg) and near Pittsburgh. This Acura one is one of the Precision dealerships.

Thanks for making me feel welcome. 1blue1.gif
Sweeet!! Does he have a kewl looking dealer logo for their cars?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts