Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after months of trolling unregistered and gathering as much resources as I can, I finally decided to register at work lol.

I got my 2006 RBP TSX beginning of this year, pretty much a stock 6MT with navi, excepts for tints and all season floor mats (if that even qualifies lol).

I came from the Nissan crowd previously (owned an i35 and had a g35 in the family) but have always had interest in Acuras (back in college my cousin had a 2nd gen TL-S, LOVED that car).

Coming from an infiniti I definitely appreciate the fit and finish of Acuras, the gas mileage rocks and the peppy suspension and fun transmission make up for the lack of torque that I previously had with a 3.5L v6.

Here is a pic of my old i35, special shout out to the guy who ran the stop sign and killing it:

And here is the new one, stock and all:

I don't plan on doing much to this car, I've learned after some extensive issues with modding on my previous car that stock is the way to go.

For now I have done all maintenance (oil change, gear fluid change, coolant system burp, spark plugs, rotated tires). I've ordered an HID fog light kit to satisfy my appetite to mod for the time being. In the future I might:

*TL-S swaybar
*Mugen SS
*A spec kit
*DIY Comptech Icebox
*Exhaust?

Still learning up on these cars..

Well thanks for looking and hope I can contribute, sooner or later lol.

If anyone recognizes my username, I am quite avid on g35nyc, maxima.org and nycmaximas.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome. Love the color of your car.I've definitely seen you on g35nyc. Where in ny are you from?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the look of your TSX,congratulations and enjoy it.
Thanks, its nothing special compared to most of the cars on here...just a 5 year old stock car thats been kept clean :\. lol.

Thanks!

Welcome. Love the color of your car.I've definitely seen you on g35nyc. Where in ny are you from?
Thanks Queens, Flushing area. You? Whats your username on there lol?

Welcome!

Sorry to hear about the death of your i35. Too many idiots are driving without a clue.
Yeah, in many ways I was upset, and for the longest as much as I hated the rattles and suspension woes it was like a part of me. With that said, the TSX is realistically everything I wanted my i35 to be.

Thanks everyone!

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone, in the process of deciding which intake to get...normally this wouldn't be such a hard decision but I don't want to sacrifice low end TQ being that these things are torqueless wonders to begin with lol.

Comptech Icebox is nice, but I want something loud...plus FWIW, i rather do a DIY icebox mod.

Injen seems like the way to go, seeing as Fujitas have quality issues, but I can't justify dropping $250 for an intake..much rather work that towards a lip kit instead.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey i know this is old but i have the car, year, MT, basically stock. added HID Fog lights and M3 lip is on the way. I got this car like 4 months ago and loving it. wonder what's the update on it so i can steal some ideas from you hahah

one questions, does the TL-s sway bar fit the TSX? since you said you will add those later on.

btw FROM NISSAN TO ACURA!!!
I OWNED THE NISSAN MURANO 05 V6 3.5.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
welcome-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts