Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow TSX owners,

I didn't want to plaster this as a new thread, but... :D

I have purchased a black 04 TSX 6 speed about a month ago so I decided to get involved in some kind of a discussion about this superb vehicle so I came upon this board.

The choice was hard between the TSX and the STI, but hell I wanted more luxury anyways. The STI was also very impressive but to me it looked like a 35,000 KIA with a spoiler.

The TSX is brilliant!! I can't get enough of the 6 speed MT! Butter smoooth. Also great torque in 3rd and 4th and the 6th still has alot of balls! Love it!

Pictures will come soon.

My next step is to install a cold air intake as it seems to be the most feasible option, but my only concern is to avoid the check engine light by doing so.

Also ,what can I do in terms of tuning? Computer upgrade? thanx!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:woot: Congrats and welcome to the site! :wavey:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome nuke :wavey:

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi nuke! i just got mine on monday. pearl white w/ ebony 6MT no navi. i feel ya when you said about the clutch all buttery smooth. i'm lovin! glad you enjoy it just as much as we do!

G

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Welcome to the club, Nuke.:wavey:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Nuke said:
My next step is to install a cold air intake as it seems to be the most feasible option, but my only concern is to avoid the check engine light by doing so. Also ,what can I do in terms of tuning?
You won't get a CEL if you make sure all the installation requirements are carried out. I have yet to see this problem surface till date. You can do plenty to tune the CL9 in general but for power, not much at this stage in general.

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
Yep, welcome bud.

By the way... I just found out yesterday that my uncle traded in his Brand NEW TSX w/Navi, for two Acura EL's.... :( When he told me I was pretty disappointed, cause I was supposed to stay with him this weekend...lol

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
GT-40MarkIV said:
.....I just found out yesterday that my uncle traded in his Brand NEW TSX w/Navi, for two Acura EL's.... :( When he told me I was pretty disappointed, cause I was supposed to stay with him this weekend...lol
Now THERE'S an interesting deal!

Larchmont, who'd love to try an EL.
Or even just see one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanx for the welcome!

I reside in Wayne,NJ

Maan why did I have to notice that Mugen bodykit??!! :smash: It looks bad ass but pretty steep in price.

Well I guess it's back to working on Sundays as well...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Noel said:
Yeah, new Civic ... Sorry, I don't follow Acura's marketing labels.
The Acura EL is sold only in Canada, it's Acura's best selling model there. Small cars sell well in Canada, such as the Echo Hatchback/sedan, Corolla, Mazda3, and crappy Civic. I've seen a few a few ELs around here...a lot in Canada though.

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
From what I understand.....EL is to Civic as TL is to Accord.
Yep that would be correct bud... 1.8EL's are what he has now.. a Satin Silver one, and a Black one.... oh sigh... the TSX was so much nicer.
And NUKE... a little advice.. don't trade your TSX in for an EL..lol :) just kidding bud

1 - 19 of 19 Posts