Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I just bought a 04 TSX and the radio(non-navi) will not power on at all. The clock only shows up 1 little dash mark. I have done some digging on here & everybody talks about entering a code, but mine won't even power up in order for me to input a code. I talked to the previous owner & they said that the radio was working perfectly before the car died & they replaced the battery. I know where both fuse locations are, but don't see anything about radio fuse. I saw the one inside fuse box that said radio amp so I assumed that was just for the amp, is that the fuse that powers the radio itself? Thanks in advance as I really need to get my radio working.

Also, just my passenger front door lock doesn't work, is that an easy fix? I just got this car yesterday & could use a little help. Looking forward to enjoying this car, if I can get these little problems fixed.

·
JTuned
442 Posts
theres a code that you need to enter onto the radio. the previous/original owner should have the radio code on a card, should look somehting like this:

Code should be a 5 digit number and serial number should be an 8 digit number.

its an anti-theft precaution in the event the radio is stolen. you will be able to get the code from Honda if you give them the VIN number and show proof of ownership. you may also be asked to provide the serial number which you can find inside the glove box on the left i believe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that I would need to enter a code in, but I am not getting any power to the radio in order for me to enter a code so my question is, where is the radio fuse at? Is it the fuse in the drivers side kick panel fuse box that says "radio amp"? Also, the previous owner informed me that the radio that is in it is not the original radio, so how do a go about pulling the radio out to check the serial number on the back? I dont really see any place to start pulling from to get the radio bezel popped off. Please help cause I really need a radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts