Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just got my TSX last week, and so far I LOVE it! Except for 2 things. One, I need more stereo! I don't want to change the factory one, but would love to add an amplifier or 2 to kick it up some. Doing some searching on this forum, I came across the Sound Gate SNHOND3. What exactly does this thing do anyway? Is it for adding an amplifier, or adding an mp3 player?

Otherwise, what are my other options for getting rca inputs for an amplifier?

Oh, the other thing that I can't get used to is the gearing of the 6-speed. I am coming from a civic si hatch with an integra gsr motor that revved up to 8200 rpm or something like that. In this thing, I keep thinking the motor is gonna just get going and I'm hitting the rev limiter already!

·
Registered
53 Posts
The SNHOND3 in an aux input device for getting sound from an external source such as an MP3 player or DVD player into the factory sound system. To add an amp you need to add a Soundgate LOCB.2 wired to the signal outputs between the factory radio and amplifier.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
yea, adding an amp would def kick it up a knotch , im thinkin of doin that, but i changed my 2 6x9s in the back with 2 alpine type s's and they are amazing, u can tell the difference so much, bass is much sweeter and its alot louder too...GL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts