Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2012 tsx, I love it so far and want to get into modifying it but have no idea where to start. If someone could help, that would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Auto or manual? That'll greatly impact what you can do as far as engine modification.

A simple wheel and suspension setup will look great and not compromise reliability. Lots of builds on here and other forums.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auto or manual? That'll greatly impact what you can do as far as engine modification.

A simple wheel and suspension setup will look great and not compromise reliability. Lots of builds on here and other forums.
Auto

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Okay, the automatic transmissions are pretty weak so that eliminates any real chance of turbocharging. I think a good aesthetic build + an exhaust is what I’d do.
cold air intake? Was looking into it but don’t know which to pick.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You could, but there will be virtually no benefit. I personally see them as a waste of money for daily use so I can't really recommend one

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an AEM CAI (The model info AEM 21-697C COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM) and it really doesn't add power that I see with daily driving. It gives you a nice growl but that's is about it. If you drive it non aggressively, you for the most part can't hear it. They do give you a dyno sheet for it BUT the claimed peak horsepower is around 6600 rpms. You do get like 5 lbs of torque around 3,500 rpms. Don't add this or any CAI to a nearly stock or stock 2nd gen and expect turbo results. Add it cause you want to and want some intake noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do have this added to my setup (1-4000 AEM AIR FILTER WRAP) for the car wash, heavy day of raining and driving to work on the highway, or the random splash of water from a puddle. That being said your car is not a submarine and you can not drive through deep puddles. Pro tip: Make sure you have all the Fender/Bumper clips. I would buy some more before you start that project yourself or have a mechanic do it. They do/will break. You want all the plastic there to be snug and properly held together when you reassemble everything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One more thing: The first mod I did to LD aka my 2nd gen was buy some LED fog bulbs. Cost you less than 30 off amazon and you can replace them without jacking up the car, that is if you have experience replacing halogen lights in a car before.

·
Registered
69 Posts
id start off with some little quality of life things like interior led lights, component speakers, weather mats, window visors/rainguards. if you want to add some personal touch you can do a shift knob (auto threaded of course) or some tints.

as far as major mods, I think you are best off doing a slight suspension build with some good looks attached!
be sure to check FB marketplace for parts and wheel trades.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts