Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2005 Acura TSX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, new TSX owner and a newbie to Hondas. Coming from the Subaru community so it'll be interesting to learn a lot about Hondas in general. Recently picked up this 2005 Carbon Grey TSX. Fortunately it comes with the 6 speed manual transmission and a couple of other goodies. The motor is stock but looking into getting some small bits like an Intake system of some sorts. Will add more photos once I get it cleaned up! :D
Tire Sky Automotive parking light Wheel Car

· Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the no head gasket issues club! In regards to intake, I have absolutely no complaints about my CT Engineering Icebox CAI. Marcus from HeelToe managed to get the tooling/molds for the CT Engineering original so technically this is a "replica" but not really. Has a really aggressive and loud sound once VTEC engages. How many miles are is on it? Few other suggestions should you need to replace your axles - never buy Insane Shafts. I regret my purchase IMMENSLEY as I have a constant front end vibration (can feel it in the entire front cabin and steering wheel) from 20-25mph. Durable sure but piss poor design. Its a reliable car if you take care of it and it will take care of you.

· Registered
2005 Acura TSX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the no head gasket issues club! In regards to intake, I have absolutely no complaints about my CT Engineering Icebox CAI. Marcus from HeelToe managed to get the tooling/molds for the CT Engineering original so technically this is a "replica" but not really. Has a really aggressive and loud sound once VTEC engages. How many miles are is on it? Few other suggestions should you need to replace your axles - never buy Insane Shafts. I regret my purchase IMMENSLEY as I have a constant front end vibration (can feel it in the entire front cabin and steering wheel) from 20-25mph. Durable sure but piss poor design. Its a reliable car if you take care of it and it will take care of you.
Hey man, thanks for the advice! My car currently sits at 117k miles, so not too bad. I did do some research in regards to the CT Engineering one, but ideally I’d love to get my hands on a carbon one. I know they’re very hard to find and I know that it’s the same product but I’m planning on cleaning up the engine bay quite a bit. I’ll definitely consider that intake if I can’t find the carbon variant. I’ll take a closer look at the underside of the car and see if it does need axles, it most likely will sometime soon. Thanks for advice! :)

· Registered
36 Posts
Hey man, thanks for the advice! My car currently sits at 117k miles, so not too bad. I did do some research in regards to the CT Engineering one, but ideally I’d love to get my hands on a carbon one. I know they’re very hard to find and I know that it’s the same product but I’m planning on cleaning up the engine bay quite a bit. I’ll definitely consider that intake if I can’t find the carbon variant. I’ll take a closer look at the underside of the car and see if it does need axles, it most likely will sometime soon. Thanks for advice! :)
Also should you need new motor mounts, the Accord ones are cheaper and fit our car. Manual ones are a slight upgrade. Sitting at 200k on my 06 so I feel like ive been through it all. Some notable things regarding parts brands - radiator/condenser/alternator are Denso brand. Spark plugs - NGK iridium specifically. Serpentine belt - Brando (you can find one on Amazon for $20-25). Good mileage for you to do a transmission drain/fill.

· Registered
109 Posts
Very nice starting point!
Irecommend the icebox too, it keeps the car quiet under vtec and still has a nice induction noise.

Do upgrade your clutch master and slave to a civic si one from 2000-2005. They do not include the dampener system in our cars which really make for slow shifts and easy to grind.

keep the power steering fluid clean! These cars ps systems leak almost all the time after 100k if the fluid is still from the factory!

· Registered
2005 Acura TSX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice starting point!
Irecommend the icebox too, it keeps the car quiet under vtec and still has a nice induction noise.

Do upgrade your clutch master and slave to a civic si one from 2000-2005. They do not include the dampener system in our cars which really make for slow shifts and easy to grind.

keep the power steering fluid clean! These cars ps systems leak almost all the time after 100k if the fluid is still from the factory!
Hi there, and yeah I've heard about switching out the clutch master and slave to a civic si one, something I definitely plan on doing. I'll also keep an eye on ps steering fluid, but planning on doing a full fluid refresh very soon! Thanks for the advice!!

· Registered
4 Posts
The axle advise is noteworthy as I have changed both in my 07 and still have the low rpm problem. The OEM ones are pricey but necessary to solve the issue. This icebox system,what does it do for performance? I'm a TSX man since 06

1 - 9 of 9 Posts