Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this forum a while ago to do some research on the TSX...Consequently I got my new CG/auto/non-navi ordered yesterday and it will be here on Monday. ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
hoser771 said:
Just joined this forum a while ago to do some research on the TSX...Consequently I got my new CG/auto/non-navi ordered yesterday and it will be here on Monday. ;)
Congrats, and welcome! I hope the info on the site was helpful in your decision -- guess it was.
Before I got mine, the net sites were my main source of info. I found everything I was looking for and more -- I basically really knew the car before I ever saw one.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:woot: Congrats!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
As everyone has said, congrats... just don't forget to change your avatar :nono:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Coolness...welcome aboard! :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Welcome to the club and nice color choice.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome! Picked up the car yesterday and so far I absolutely love it. I'll try and post some pics as soon as possible. By the way, any other TSX'ers in the Indy area?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
hoser771 said:
......By the way, any other TSX'ers in the Indy area?
Hope so -- I guess we'll find out!

BTW -- ever been to the Indy, or know people who have been?
How much of a big thing is it around there?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
larchmont said:
Hope so -- I guess we'll find out!

BTW -- ever been to the Indy, or know people who have been?
How much of a big thing is it around there?
I used to goto college in Indy and I visited friends at Purdue and I started from Indy when I didn't have anything to do on weekends.

I go sometimes to see friends or to Honda CR-V meets at Indy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I actually go to Purdue as well. Larch -- I've gone to the 500 twice and then formula 1 this year. The 500 gets an insane amount of coverage and is very popular here, but the past couple of years it has been dieing down compared to the brickyard 400. It seems most people here are changing over to stockcars. In any case, the 500 is still the big race here, for now, would recommend going to it atleast once if you can make it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
hoser771 said:
.....It seems most people here are changing over to stockcars.....
I can see that -- I guess because they can relate to the cars better??

I know how much I loved it when I saw the TSX's in the Speed World Challenge.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hoser771 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome! Picked up the car yesterday and so far I absolutely love it. I'll try and post some pics as soon as possible. By the way, any other TSX'ers in the Indy area?
Heh...I lived there for about a month...at a Hampton Inn in downtown Indy :D
I've been to the IRP racetrack for a Busch series race...nothing compared to the Brickyard or the Indy500 though.. One of these days I'll make it down there for the Indy500, Brickyard and the F1 race (different years of course) :nod:

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
hoser771 said:
The 500 gets an insane amount of coverage and is very popular here, but the past couple of years it has been dieing down compared to the brickyard 400. It seems most people here are changing over to stockcars.
I'm a total moron when it comes to racing, so enlighten me as to the difference between these races.

BTW, congratulations on the new car!

Ferg

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Ferg said:
I'm a total moron when it comes to racing, so enlighten me as to the difference between these races.

BTW, congratulations on the new car!

Ferg
As soon as you said "moron," I knew it meant I should come in. :D

And since I don't know anything about it either, I'm definitely the logical one to start answering. :tard:

The Brickyard, it seems, is a NASCAR race, meaning "stock" cars.
And all that means is, cars that you and I can actually buy -- i.e. cars that they have in "stock" at the store, so to speak, as opposed to specially-built cars that exist uniquely for racing.

So, in stock car racing, there are Chevys and Fords. And now also TSX's. And oh yes BMW's. :D

The BMW's actually win a lot of the time. Although now they're getting a little extra run for their money from TSX's.

Really, though, I know about as much about this as you do. I remember a few years back I was at a dinner party and one of the guys was really, really into this kind of thing. He started talking about the Indy 500, and none of the rest of us had a clue about any of it, except that we had heard of it. :doh:

So I asked him what kind of cars are in the Indy. And he answered that they are special kinds of cars that are made just for that race, called "Indy cars." So I asked, yeah, what kind of cars are those? And he said they're Indy cars, special cars built just for that race. And I said, yeah I heard you but what kind of cars are those? And he said basically the same thing again. We went back and forth a couple more times like this. I never did find out.

Anyway, this (I'm pretty sure) is an Indy car:

BTW the "stock cars," of course, aren't really what they have in "stock" at the store -- those are almost always heavily modded -- but you can pretend. :D

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
Thanks Larch -- it's now clear as mud!

"Stock cars" is a funny term, I guess. There are races where there are cars like the TSX stripped down to reduce weight, and maybe (??) engine mods, but basically a stock car. But I didn't know that those were NASCAR races.

When I hear "NASCAR" I think of the Earnhearts and Gordons etc, and the cars that they drive....which I thought were called "stock cars", but have very very little in common with a stock car. These cars, if I am correct, are purpose built from the ground up and follow very strict rules all around. For instance, the engines have to be pushrod engines, carbeurated (sp?) -- that is, no fuel injection -- so on and so on.

I guess I'm not a complete moron, just a semi-moron. ;) But I will qualify this whole post by saying that every last thing I said could very well be wrong. I'm just trying to clarify some of this stuff for my own edification.

Fergie

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
TSX is not really a slow car. I will post some evidence soon. :easter:
(I think I posted it on another forum already)
well... may be I shouldn't called it evidence... but still showing that TSX is not a slow car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts