Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heyyyy guys ... i'm new on this forum. first posting :)
anyway I've read other threads on this website about engine system, but i know nothing about engine .. :) so its bit hard to understand.

basicly im want to make my car faster (from 0to around 60 K ... i think its called "low RPM" ... not sure :p ) and my friend recommended me to buy cold air indusction (CAI). and I think Injen is a good one (After read other threads .. :) )

I just want to know ... if i add CAI then would it be "big different" ??
is DC Sports header good ?

is DC Sports and Injen CAI a good combination ?
will my car will go "alot" faster compare with "before add header and CAI" ??

if not good combination, can you let me know which combination is good ?

All your advise and some explanation are greatly appriviated.

Thanks guys,
chris

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Injen + DC Header is a good combo, but you will not go "a lot" faster. The old butt dyno might say it feels faster but it will not make a big difference. That combo will probably yield you about 9-13 hp (7-10hp via the CAI & 2-3hp per via header)...maybe a couple of more hp, since they tend to perform better in this combo setup versus by themselves. I don't recall actual dyno numbers from this combo, so that is my best educated guess. I hope that helps! :)

BTW, I have an Injen and really like it and thinking hard of picking up a DC Header sooner or later.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Joker said:
Hello, and welcome to the Club genk-jomblo :wavey:
:sprint: Welcome!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Welcome Genk :wavey:
Is your TSX AT or MT ?
The Hondata ECU upgrade can also give you a good boost above 4~5 K RPM

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
robert_tsxgeek said:
Welcome Genk :wavey:
Is your TSX AT or MT ?
The Hondata ECU upgrade can also give you a good boost above 4~5 K RPM
Thanks guys for all welcome.
Anyway my TSX is AT.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Get Hondata, I just got it and it has made a big difference in my 5AT.

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_tsx.html

Some of my comments are in the feedback section of that page.
I will probably post my full review for the 5AT auto soon!

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tsx536 said:
Get Hondata, I just got it and it has made a big difference in my 5AT.

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_tsx.html

Some of my comments are in the feedback section of that page.
I will probably post my full review for the 5AT auto soon!
Sorry ... I'm really new about this "engine modification".
what is hondata ?
is it a header ?

Thanks mate

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
Its an ecu reflash...which somewhat remprograms your engine computer...i am not great with engine things either so someone with tech knowledge will have to give you more detailsm but thats the noobish gist of it.

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
best combo on the market right now that produces the biggest gains would be Intake, header, and Hondata reflash. I personally love the Injen cold air intake, so i would look into that brand. For header, theres DC sports header which is around $300, and comptech which runs around $550. Hondata reflash costs about $600, and that consists of you sending your computer from your car into a Hondata dealer, and the reprogram it for impressive gains. The combination of those 3 will produce some very noticable and wanted gains for your tsx.

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Triz said:
best combo on the market right now that produces the biggest gains would be Intake, header, and Hondata reflash. I personally love the Injen cold air intake, so i would look into that brand. For header, theres DC sports header which is around $300, and comptech which runs around $550. Hondata reflash costs about $600, and that consists of you sending your computer from your car into a Hondata dealer, and the reprogram it for impressive gains. The combination of those 3 will produce some very noticable and wanted gains for your tsx.
I dont think there is hondata dealer in Australia.

:(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
genk-jomblo said:
I dont think there is hondata dealer in Australia.

:(
Hondata actual does the flash @ their shop...a Hondata dealer will FedEx it to them (last time I checked). You just need to FedEx it to them. Contact Hondata < www.hondata.com > for more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts