Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just got me some new wheels Tenzo Cuzco v2s 18x8 +37 in flat black. Just ordered them off wheelsnext with some nitto 555s. They are mounting and balancing the tires for free, but im wondering as to what will happen with my TPMS ? am i going to have to get them remounted and balanced and switch out my old ones?... i should get the wheels in a week so id rather get anything else i need to now if i need. thanks for you help.. ill post pics when they come in

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also if i need new sensors can someone please provide me with the part numbers.. my friend works at acura and can get me a discount..

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Yes, you'll have to get them rebalanced/mounted. There is no way to get your current TPMS sensors on to the wheels. They should be interchangeable to your new wheels as long as the valve stem is not at some ridiculous angle. The only reason you would need new ones would be if the people mounting/balancing your wheels would happen to break them. However, if they break it, then they should buy it. So I would just get them separately shipped to your house that way it'd be easier to get it all done in one shot.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
You could buy another set of sensors and have them installed into your new wheels but they will have to be slightly dismounted and rebalanced. Also you'd have to get the dealership to reprogram your tpms system to read the new sensors. PITA I did it for my SI when I had it.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
^ never thought of that. Yeah, you might get another set to have you covered for both sets of rim/tires. Depending on where you live, you might have to based on if you want to switch out rim/tires for seasons.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
^ actually you don't have to go to the dealership to reprogram the TPMS sensors. I researched this prior to getting my wheels (bought new sensors) and went to couple forums like the MDX and they found out that you just install it and just drive for few minutes and the computer will read it. I know it sounds ridiculous how the new TPMS doesn't need programming, I was doubting it and I was skeptical, but they were right (MDX guys) and drove away with my new wheels/tires with no problem.

apparently some people didn't know this and they paid the dealership to "program the new TPMS sensors" when the dealership clearly knows that it doesn't require programming. I just want to let you guys know and don't get ripped off (dam dealership)

just a heads up :)

heres the link
http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-2007-newer-mdx/40700-tpms-sensors-seasonal-tires-change.html

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
^ actually you don't have to go to the dealership to reprogram the TPMS sensors. I researched this prior to getting my wheels (bought new sensors) and went to couple forums like the MDX and they found out that you just install it and just drive for few minutes and the computer will read it. I know it sounds ridiculous how the new TPMS doesn't need programming, I was doubting it and I was skeptical, but they were right (MDX guys) and drove away with my new wheels/tires with no problem.

apparently some people didn't know this and they paid the dealership to "program the new TPMS sensors" when the dealership clearly knows that it doesn't require programming. I just want to let you guys know and don't get ripped off (dam dealership)

just a heads up :)

heres the link
TPMS sensors and seasonal tires change - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
+1

i've dealt with new sensors on 2 separate occasions and the car picks them up after a few minutes of driving. no need to re-program.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my tires on my stocks now are shot so i could put new sensors in those when i buy winter tires for them later on. I wonder how much it will cost to dismount the tire, remount it and do the whole process with switching the monitors around. im trying to save money i just dropped 1500 on the wheels and tires

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
i picked up a set of brand new sensors from ebay for $70, they're not too hard to find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If your not too worried about the sensors doing their job, what i did was get a piece of pvc pipe, 2 caps and a valve stem, cap one end drop all four sensors in, take the other cap, put the valve stem through it, then put it on the pipe, fill that pig to 35 psi and toss it in the spare tire well and forget about it. problem solved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts