Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...i'm a newbie here...i'm planning on buying a new TSX...and i'm trying to find a good deal...i live in so cali...and they don't have that many new TSXs around...

so here is what i want to know...

1) how much did you get your TSX for?

2) i want to get the "carbon grey" exterior...so what interior would be better..."ebony" or quartz"?

3) any other comments you want to tell me about the car...(e.g., any problems, any good or bad comments...whatever you feel like writing)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

·
Registered
138 Posts
1) MSRP and 100% happy about that.

2) I chose ebony because its easier to keep clean (carpets)

3) i love it more every day

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I also paid MSRP, didn't even try to negotiate because I was eager/desperate to get the car. I basically told them (with a smile) that I'd pay whatever they wanted as long as I got the car. :D

I have Carbon Grey with Ebony -- thrilled with it, super sharp. But I like the quartz too. You can't go wrong picking whichever you think you like better. If I couldn't decide on one or the other, I'd ask the dealer which one he thought he could get sooner -- sometimes there's a difference.

Best car, most-fun car I've ever had. Even though I've had other cars that a a lot of people would regard as "better." If you have even half a thought to get the car -- if you think it sounds good "on paper" -- you'll love it. Guaranteed. (Almost. :D )

·
Registered
138 Posts
Agreed on that last comment. I keep telling people that the car is not nearly as impressive on paper as it is to drive. That's my definition of a good car: it has to have the special dynamic feeling that few cars do... it has to excite you somehow (or relax you, whichever). The TSX does both for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) $27,500 for automatic w/navi (I negotiate like a bastard)

2) I got the quartz interior with the fake wood accents. I live in Arizona so i felt the quartz might be cooler in the summer. Exterior is black (shrug, I like black).

3) No regrets, except the speeding ticket I got on the way home from the dealer. :) It's an incredible car, beats the sh!t out of my 2002 Jetta 1.8T. The VW is slightly faster off the line, but the Acura is light-years ahead in every other way. The navi has changed my life, GET IT!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
satoshi801 said:
.....I got the quartz interior with the fake wood accents. I live in Arizona so i felt the quartz might be cooler in the summer.....
.....No regrets, except the speeding ticket I got on the way home from the dealer. :) ......
Welcome Satoshi!
Now here's someone who knows how to break in a car. :D

Can't wait to hear how he treats the car after those first 600 miles. :nervous:

From what other people have said about lighter vs. darker colors, you're probably right about the lighter interior helping in those Arizona summers. In fact, I think the consensus is that the interior color is even more important than the exterior.

BTW we took a 1-week trip to Arizona a few years ago, late March. Just our luck -- the weather set records -- in the 30's, and snowing. We couldn't get to most of where we wanted to go -- the roads were closed.

And meanwhile NY was setting records for GREAT weather -- in the 80's the whole week. :madfawk:

P.S. Why the "801"? Are there really 800 other satoshis? :D

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
jenvers said:
hi...i'm a newbie here...i'm planning on buying a new TSX...and i'm trying to find a good deal...i live in so cali...and they don't have that many new TSXs around...

so here is what i want to know...

1) how much did you get your TSX for?

2) i want to get the "carbon grey" exterior...so what interior would be better..."ebony" or quartz"?

3) any other comments you want to tell me about the car...(e.g., any problems, any good or bad comments...whatever you feel like writing)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!
1) $1000 off sticker but that was back in August-September. Prices are MUCH better now. However, they're probably going to vastly improve the '05s with things like heated mirrors and lighted steering wheel controls. You can't ever win at this game!

2) For a variety of reasons, (safety-heat dissipation-general ease of paint matching-yeah I know, not on the Acura Pearl White, but "normally") we usually buy our cars in white.

3) For the first time EVER when filling out out Consumer Reports annual questionaire we did so on our two newest cars (below) and had NO problems to report on either car. That's none, zero, nada, zilch.

In a sense I've regretted not waiting for the Volvo V50 T5 wagon but then when I read the threads on the Volvo boards about the new 2004.5 S40 (the sedan version) I saw that the new S40 follows typical Volvo pattern in that the first buyers are, in effect, unpaid test drivers for the company. There are a lot of electrical poltereists being shipped along with the new cars! I think I'd wait until the exorcism is completed in a year or two.

:)

·
New TSX Owner
14 Posts
1) $26,058 before dest, tax, tags...$28,737.50 OTD (5AT non-NAVI with no accessories)

2) I'm getting the ebony interior for my CGP...I saw the quartz today and was starting to think twice...But I'm set on having a rich-looking interior. ;)

3) I don't own the car yet!

·
Registered
119 Posts
$27798 - non-navi auto, OEM fog light - including everything e.g. taxes, fees, tags and what nots. I think it was MSRP minus $1200 just for the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
larchmont

Thanks for the warm welcome. I went to traffic school Sunday and took care of that $250 ticket, heh. It's started getting above 100 degrees in Arizona, but the TSX is doing OK temperature-wise, even when I have it parked outside all day. I blew $35 on a custom-fit sunshade for the windshield, and that has made a big difference. If I crack the moonroof, it stays very cool.

I've always owned black cars, so I don't know if it would have been cooler in another color. I do know the Nighthawk Black Pearl paint attracts dust like crazy in this desert climate. I got a California Car Duster and use it every couple days, that and a good wax job keeps the dust away.

Long story about the '801'. :)

bigorangecounty

Thanks. No, it was in Scottsdale, Arizona.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts