Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 05 TSX MT with nav, but I REALLY would like to have bluetooth, so I was wondering if it's just a plug and play application or what the deal is. It looks to me like the 07-08 navi was a big upgrade so I'm interested in that.

Anyone ever done this?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I believe it has been done before on this forum. But I think it is not a direct plug and play?

Pinouts could be different.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help man. Unfortunately neither of those seem to address what I'm trying to do. These are all for putting a navi unit into a car that doesn't originally have navi.

I'm hoping that since I already have navi and voice controls, that I can just plug the newer unit in and have a working CD player as well as bluetooth through the factory mic for the voice controls.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Then perhaps phrase a new question......like does anyone have the audio pin outs for the 05 and the 08

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's going to be far from plug and play unless you get a custom harness made and you will also have to swap out your 04-05 nav components (dvd unit, nav screen) with the newer 06-08 ones. You'll also have to get the HFL(bluetooth module), and 06-08 steering wheel switches. After that, you will have to find a way to wire everything together cause your stock harness will not work. If all you want is bluetooth capability, I suggest just get the grom adapter with the bluetooth add-on and call it a day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's going to be far from plug and play unless you get a custom harness made and you will also have to swap out your 04-05 nav components (dvd unit, nav screen) with the newer 06-08 ones. You'll also have to get the HFL(bluetooth module), and 06-08 steering wheel switches. After that, you will have to find a way to wire everything together cause your stock harness will not work. If all you want is bluetooth capability, I suggest just get the grom adapter with the bluetooth add-on and call it a day.
And THAT'S what I needed to know. Not what I was hoping to hear, but what I need know. Thanks for the response and info.

[c iolor=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just bought a isimple kit for around 150 and that had bluetooth/mic 3.5 audio jack red/white rca and usb and that was plug and play

1 - 9 of 9 Posts