Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just got a new tsx and wanted some validation on whether I got fleeced or a good deal? Keep in mind I have bought two cars in my life, and they were both impulse buys. I knew I wanted tsx, and didn't want to leave without one.

So, after some back and forth, I got a bottom line of 28,402.77 plus ttl for a base silvermoon tsx. Thoughts?

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
That certainly isnt a bad deal if TTL are included in that price. Welcome to the wonderful world of acura ownership! you won't be disappointed.

I'm starting to toss the idea around of getting a 2012. My 06 has been flawless thus far though so its hard to find a good reason ;)

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Try and get them to throw in any extras and goodies to sweeten the deal, unless youve already driven the car off the lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Keko. Just wanted some validation.

QUOTE=keko;863243]I think that you got a good deal. I paid $30,700 before ttl for a 2012 TSX with Tech. So about $2,300 more than you paid to account for Tech. I think that I got a good deal too.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in the exact same situation a last week and we went with a used 06 tsx off lease

you get a lot of people scoffing that a csx is basically a civic, but the tsx is basically an accord. With acura you do get a lot of nice features though

Maybe look at it this way - is the civic or accord a better fit for your family? size of family, size of car, type of driving you do, cost of premium gas, mileage, insurance, how long you plan to keep the car etc. Once you have your answer, then get the acura counterpart

We pay only $300 more per year for full coverage on an 06 tsx than we did for just collision on a 97 civic.

The only thing is I hate used car negotiations. With new, you know exactly what you should pay if you have the CCC invoice, and there are so many variables with used and you feel as if you are getting ripped off.

Lots of 06 tsx's on the dealer lots as the 4 year leases are up. The buyback value is about 17-18K, the dealer shines it up and pokes around to make sure the car is ok (which it will be barring any accidents) and they ask about 5K more. Maybe try to find a lessee near the end of the lease and do a third party buyback?

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
i just bought my 2009 with 40,000 miles for 17,500

give you an idea of used...
kbb has it for 22,900 MSRP
21,300 for private party

depends on where you live i guess and who you know

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that you got a good deal. I paid $30,700 before ttl for a 2012 TSX with Tech. So about $2,300 more than you paid to account for Tech. I think that I got a good deal too. and i want sports car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts