Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
hahaha... ^^^you talk like rockauto is a manufacturer... they're a distributor... please stop talking

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Well wait for it, your about to hear another opinion....:)

I always get alternators locally, because if it dies I want to be able to swap it out that day or ASAP because its my DD. AutoZone has always done well by me and they are a networked auto parts store. So if it dies on vacation or out of town you can swap it at a local store, borrowing their tools if need be. Buying online from rock auto or a non local store isn't going to help you if it leaves you somewhere. You would have to contact, ship, receive etc etc that could take ATLEAST a day. Not something that is acceptable when your out of town or on vacation.

I have gone through more alternators than a person should have at this point, with I believe it was 5 in my Harley Edition and on my second with the [email protected] I need to be able to change alternators on the fly lol.

One year w my Harley Edition, in the center of the [email protected] Break Nationals on Daytona Beach w hundreds of patrons walking around the show my alternator died Mid day, day one of the show. I removed the alternator, had it to a local AutoZone, swapped it out and back to the show and running in under 4hr. Those were the great days!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
hahaha... ^^^you talk like rockauto is a manufacturer... they're a distributor... please stop talking
hahahah ^^^^^ you talk like rockauto has soild quality parts from reputable manufacturers.... Im well aware of what they do. I can talk all I want its a forum on the internet. Deal with it.

Ive had 2 slave cylinders explode (two different manufactures)
Last weekend the bolt on my end link sheered off in a hard corner
two of their ball joints failed(two different manufactures)
and anything rubber from them rots in a few months

They sell cheap shit. Do you really wanna be stuck on the side of the road because you saved a few bucks on an alternator? Just buy OEM when it comes to something like this.

As an FYI most of RockAutos parts are Reman: specifically there alternator in this case, a reman from denso(oem) costs 187 without the core. A brand new unit from honda costs 250.

http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~alternator~assy~csc29~denso~31100-RAA-A05.html

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
hahahah ^^^^^ you talk like rockauto has soild quality parts from reputable manufacturers.... Im well aware of what they do. I can talk all I want its a forum on the internet. Deal with it.

Ive had 2 slave cylinders explode (two different manufactures)
Last weekend the bolt on my end link sheered off in a hard corner
two of their ball joints failed(two different manufactures)
and anything rubber from them rots in a few months

They sell cheap shit. Do you really wanna be stuck on the side of the road because you saved a few bucks on an alternator? Just buy OEM when it comes to something like this.

As an FYI most of RockAutos parts are Reman: specifically there alternator in this case, a reman from denso(oem) costs 187 without the core. A brand new unit from honda costs 250.

31100-RAA-A05 - Acura ALTERNATOR ASSY. (CSC29) (DENSO)
Some of their stuff is really questionable, at least price wise, but some of their oe branded parts (denso, ngk in my searching for example) are the cheapest online.

But yeah, I wouldn't rely on rock auto on bigger purchases. Especially for what jville mentioned; if not locally, straight from honda :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts

Ive had 2 slave cylinders explode (two different manufactures)Last weekend the bolt on my end link sheered off in a hard cornertwo of their ball joints failed(two different manufactures)and anything rubber from them rots in a few months

31100-RAA-A05 - Acura ALTERNATOR ASSY. (CSC29) (DENSO)
that's your fault for choosing junk brands... do your research. be an educated consumer...

...rock auto sells Moog endlinks... best endlinks you can get for the money... highly doubt it was Moog endlink you broke... you probably scrolled down the page and selected the cheapest one they had. :007:

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
that's your fault for choosing junk brands... do your research. be an educated consumer...

...rock auto sells Moog endlinks... best endlinks you can get for the money... highly doubt it was Moog endlink you broke... you probably scrolled down the page and selected the cheapest one they had. :007:
Yeah cause I never do my research right? You're making your self look very silly right now.

One slave was a Beck/Arnley, and the other was a wagner, both exploded. And yes it was a Moog endlink.

If you honestly think I scroll to the bottom and pick the cheapest part maybe you should take a look at my build thread....

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Yeah cause I never do my research right? You're making your self look very silly right now.

One slave was a Beck/Arnley, and the other was a wagner, both exploded. And yes it was a Moog endlink.

If you honestly think I scroll to the bottom and pick the cheapest part maybe you should take a look at my build thread....
ha... all those repeating failing components on your car... you look silly fella... installer / operator error at that point

... I could care less about you build thread, you already said enough

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
ha... all those repeating failing components on your car... you look silly fella... installer / operator error at that point

... I could care less about you build thread, you already said enough
LOL ok, but my OEM replacements that are in the same spot are now magically fine.... Weird right :rofl:

Try to form proper sentences and use grammar, it goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I work for AutoZone and everytime someone brings me in an alternator and claims its bad its always a reman... I have a power sterring pump from AutoZone and I hate it so much.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I can only imagine that being because 80%+ of the alternators they sell are reman :jeffy:

I also need to clarify why I went through so many alternators w the HD. 6 JL Slash Series Amps, 4 SHARP LCD screens, Viair compressor and an Alpine Double Din. All ran by a reman Alternator and a triple battery bank.

I keep going down memory lane and Tottenham and CL 9 Jon keep measuring each others dicks....

This thread is all over the place!

A-75 have you been able to change that alt yet?? Good luck with that bottom bolt! LoL. I wrote a DIY alternator swap after doing mine :tu:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
if you have time, like jvill said order it from autofair. those dudes are super responsive, ship fast, and have the best prices for OEM parts.

if you need it in a pinch, find one locally as long as it's a reputable brand (like the bosche suggestion).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, if you can find a brand new alternator from AutoZone throw down the extra $50 for it trust me, it will save you a lot of hassle. I've actually tested a reman alternator straight off the truck for a customer and it tested bad. Made me feel stupid as hell trying to sell a man a non working alternator that came straight from DC.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had an Acura Legend. Alternator died on me on a road trip. got towed to a local mechanic and they put in an "alternator" which I'm probably sure was a reman unit.

2 week later, I'm back at the mechanic replacing my alternator.

I only use new OEM hardware when it comes to the vitals of my car. Waste of money to constantly be replacing alternators. A Car should only ever have to have 2 in its lifetime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.