Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this my first post, hope you can help..

Got battery changed and radio would not come on after. Clock blinks in the wrong time and I cannot change them because the radio buttons are unresponsive. AC buttons and display still works. Checked fuses inside on the driver side, removed and put back #6 fuse, when I removed #6 fuse the interior dome lights turned off as aspected and when I put the fuse back in I could hear things moving around in the radio or cd player for a few seconds but still the display would not come on. Removed and put back the #7 fuse nothing happened either. I even bought new 10 amp fuses to replace both fuses and nothing changed. I went to the acura dealership to ask about it the mechanic who looked at it told me I needed to change a 40 amp fuse for my Backup ACC under the hood, after I changed the 40 amp I checked to see if the radio would come on and it still didn’t. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried putting in the radio code? You can usually find it inside your glove compartment. If not, go here-
Acura Radio / Navigation Code Retrieval and Reset Instructions
and it will get you your code.
Yes, I did try to punch in the numbers, forgot to mention that in my first post. Tried punching in the radio code I have into the radio but it wouldn’t work because there’s no power in the radio so all the buttons are unresponsive and the prompt to put in the code won’t even come up. I’ve tried pressing 1 and 6 at the same time and it was the same outcome. Imma try to add a picture or a video if I can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plant Satellite radio Vehicle Radio Steering part

another thing is that the power button for the radio does not work so that’s not a solution either

·
Registered
382 Posts
There's a "radio wake up" YouTube video here-
where you pull fuse #7 and reinsert it. Others tried the same procedure with fuse #5.

Once you do this the radio wakes up and then you can enter your code.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a "radio wake up" YouTube video here-
where you pull fuse #7 and reinsert it. Others tried the same procedure with fuse #5.

Once you do this the radio wakes up and then you can enter your code.
I’ve seen that video, kept trying it for a good 2 hours before I gave up, radio never woke up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You may have a bad radio. If it were my radio I would verify that it is actually getting power with a multimeter. It involves actually getting into the radio mounting but that's what I would do. If you're not as ambitious then I would suggest taking to a car radio shop or the dealer. They may know other ways to get it going.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '06 in amazing condition (Florida car). Everything works. 173,000 miles. NAV system...white with tan leather/perforated seats. I'll let it go for $7,000.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know if this is the culprit BUT ... I ran into an issue of the radio mother board going out on me. this may be as a result of the same issue if the radio is not cutting on. DO NOT QUOTE ME for your situation sounds simpler than this BUT ordering another radio mother board and installation is extremely easy; its just like installing memory cards on a p.c. with 6 screws and pulling a few trim parts, pulling the cubby and three bolts on the radio unit. but do note that if you go this route, most purchases of this kind of part are sold as ALL PURCHASES BEING FINAL. This is to say that once you purchase it, you own it and there are no returns. But opening the entire system up and putting it in is cake! Consider it if all else fails. I had to do this because the lights went out; the radio worked but the numbers were extremely dim. The motherboard may be controlling the power on/off as well.

go get em!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if this is the culprit BUT ... I ran into an issue of the radio mother board going out on me. this may be as a result of the same issue if the radio is not cutting on. DO NOT QUOTE ME for your situation sounds simpler than this BUT ordering another radio mother board and installation is extremely easy; its just like installing memory cards on a p.c. with 6 screws and pulling a few trim parts, pulling the cubby and three bolts on the radio unit. but do note that if you go this route, most purchases of this kind of part are sold as ALL PURCHASES BEING FINAL. This is to say that once you purchase it, you own it and there are no returns. But opening the entire system up and putting it in is cake! Consider it if all else fails. I had to do this because the lights went out; the radio worked but the numbers were extremely dim. The motherboard may be controlling the power on/off as well.

go get em!
That sounds way better than buying a whole new radio, where can i buy the exact part from do you remember the site? Or should I just look up mother board for 04-08 tsx radio?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That sounds way better than buying a whole new radio, where can i buy the exact part from do you remember the site? Or should I just look up mother board for 04-08 tsx radio?
a few things here
1. part number and tsx club post ------ smaeda's guide to fix center console light problem
2. the way that the radios are priced now, 150 isn't too bad with all things considered.
3. the pcb/mother board within the actual unit, back then was 200 i'm sure they are cheaper now.
4. consider your local junkyard and gut the back for an entire radio unit and take apart.
5. after an ebay search some used radions are like 39 dollars.
6. and AGAIN this may not be the resolution but it's a start.
7.go get em,

·
Registered
49 Posts
aye! did you check the under the hood fuse?

and if you change it out wear latex; grease and motherboards don't mix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aye! did you check the under the hood fuse?

and if you change it out wear latex; grease and motherboards don't mix.
Nah I haven't checked any fuses under the hood I only checked the one under the steering wheel, Which fuse needs to be checked from the fuse box under the hood?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nah I haven't checked any fuses under the hood I only checked the one under the steering wheel, Which fuse needs to be checked from the fuse box under the hood?
Boy, if you don't take your head out there and check those fuses!

Pop the hood; right hand side; should be above the air intake; about half way up maybe a foot from the right hand side of the car while looking at it.

It's a clip that you press and off it comes. Flip it over and you have your diagram on which fuse is which; just like the foot well fuse box.

Go get em! 💪🏾💪🏾

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boy, if you don't take your head out there and check those fuses!

Pop the hood; right hand side; should be above the air intake; about half way up maybe a foot from the right hand side of the car while looking at it.

It's a clip that you press and off it comes. Flip it over and you have your diagram on which fuse is which; just like the foot well fuse box.

Go get em! 💪🏾💪🏾
Yeah I've seen inside the box when it happened but everything looked fine so Im asking what I should be looking for exactly cause none of them seem to be popped up or anything like that. Also I've been looking for the mother board for the radio but on the site you said and on some other sites I looked up they said the part was discontinued so imma look for a junkyard to get one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I've seen inside the box when it happened but everything looked fine so Im asking what I should be looking for exactly cause none of them seem to be popped up or anything like that. Also I've been looking for the mother board for the radio but on the site you said and on some other sites I looked up they said the part was discontinued so imma look for a junkyard to get one.

Well, off the top of my head the fuse under the hood should not be more than 30. Non the less pull them out and visually check to see if the fuse is blown is what you should be checking for. If you are asking how to see if a fuse is blow then get a brand new one and look in between the two forked prongs, into the plastic; if there is a solid metal piece then you are good. If it's two pieces then it's blown. Replace it.

On eBay search "cd player 2004 Acura TSX Base 2.4L" ... Sort lowest price.

The 69.00 is your back up if not at junkyard.

💪🏾💪🏾

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, off the top of my head the fuse under the hood should not be more than 30. Non the less pull them out and visually check to see if the fuse is blown is what you should be checking for. If you are asking how to see if a fuse is blow then get a brand new one and look in between the two forked prongs, into the plastic; if there is a solid metal piece then you are good. If it's two pieces then it's blown. Replace it.

On eBay search "cd player 2004 Acura TSX Base 2.4L" ... Sort lowest price.

The 69.00 is your back up if not at junkyard.

💪🏾💪🏾
I'll try checking the fuses when I get home, should I unplug the battery to check them or can I leave it plugged up? Don't wanna make a mistake and end up having to fix more things than just the radio lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'll try checking the fuses when I get home, should I unplug the battery to check them or can I leave it plugged up? Don't wanna make a mistake and end up having to fix more things than just the radio lol.
If you re pulling the right one then there is no power to that fuse because the radio can't cut on; you are good.

If you are prone to mistakes then just pull the batter to play it safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts