Acura TSX Forum banner

noise and fuel economy w/ CAI and Performance header?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  xtremespeed2102 
#1 ·
hey guys..really would like to know this...I would like to get these two things for my TSX, CAI and a new performance header...and I was wonder how these would affect my car in terms of noise, and feul economy? Thanks guys.

#6 ·
any problems yet with the header breaking in the spot by the resanator? If not, when did u purchase the header?

#7 ·
houstontsx said:
I got cai and dc header, i set off car alarms with the noise.
seriously? hmmm..is it due to the header or the CAI? cause I want the performance, but I don't want the noise...

btw, can anyone else recommend something else that would increase the power of my TSX? nothing drastic though..cause perferrably, I dont' want to mess up my warranty too much.

So far, this is what I know of that will increase power:
CAI, Sports header, grounding kit, voltage stabilizer...anything else?

#8 ·
You can get just about everything you want but exhaust. because if you just keep that bad boy under 3500 rpm,it wont have that obnoxious noise you are thinking of.

BY OBNOXIOUS i mean the noise can be good to some people, and bad to others.

#10 ·
Joker said:
The CAI will increase the intake noise, even more so at WOT. The gas millage will not be effected by the intake, but will be by your led foot (when you experience how much fun it is to drive your TSX with these two bolt ons) :nod: :D

pardon my newbieness, what's "at WOT"? :newbie:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.