Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got some more work done over the weekend for the K24 engine. Got it all cleaned up and gave it a fresh coat of primer, base coat, and clear coat. Very happy with the results so far. Got the new TCT and valve cover gasket kit in the mail and will be installed soon. I can finally close the engine up. This weekend i'll be bringing my car to a friend that works at Honda to get the 07 ECU installed on the car so I can reflash it. Then I can start playing around with it and start tuning it a bit. I bought an oil pressure gauge and Perrins dual gauge pod and they also came in. Waiting on some fittings to arrive so I can get that installed. Next thing to get is a PLX wideband and I can start tuning on the engine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally got my TSX over to my friend who is a master tech at Honda. He was able to help get the 07 AT ECU working on my TSX. Drove it home and put flashpro on and man the difference the 04/05 map makes is pretty nice. I've been getting familiar with Flash Manager now that I have it working and getting the fuel closer to the targets. I've tuned on Smanager a good bit so I didn't have to learn to much. It's actually easier to tune with FP than the S300.

Right now I have a DC sport CAI, J2 header, Skunk2 exhaust. I'm going to delete the cat this weekend and disable the rear 02 sensor code. I'm wondering if I should try the 07/08 tune on it since I have the better induction and exhaust system. So far the lower VTEC point and added power is really nice. I really can't wait to take it to the dyno and see what kind of power we can get out of just the stock engine. THEN I can start looking into swapping in my new engine. Should feel really nice with that thing.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Time for an update. It's been a little while. Got a lot going on with the car.

First motor is done. Just has the 08 cams for now.

Next thing is I decided to go with civic si gears and lsd. I was on the fence about getting a euro transmission or just get the gears and lsd and swap it in mine. Found the gears for 380 shipped and the lsd for 450 shipped.

Picked up 2005 RL calipers, R1 concept 350z Brembo rotors, RL ceramic brake pads, FFC bracket kit, Fastbrakes banjo fitting and copper washers for the brake lines and their hub centric rings for the rotors. I have them stripped down right now to send to get powder coated. Got a rebuild kit for both calipers and cleaned up all the components.

I replaced the front bumper again with the correct paint color and add the A-spec lip with a 06-07sti chin spoiler I have then Ventus Autoworks side splitters coming in as well.

Also picked up a trunk mat for a good price. Just need to find the passenger all weather mat to have them all.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Very nice update! That's the route I think I'm going to go transmission wise. My clutch is slipping and while I replace that I want to build my trans since the synchros have seen better days (333k+ miles). What brand syncrhros did you use? Also, what clutch did you go with? I'm leaning towards an exedy stage 1 and ~12 lb flywheel. Did you use a TSX specific clutch/fw or go with RSX-S versions?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts