Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok, sorry if these have been answered in previous threads (maybe someone can link them?), but I've been eyeing the Hondata reflash for a long time, but always prioritized wheels. I've decided to wait on wheels and go performance.

Anyways, a couple noob questions, please don't (f)(l)(a)(.

1. My understanding is the reflash is not carb legal? What exactly does this mean for me, living in CA.

2. I read about people sending in their stock ECU and immobilizer, but you can go to a location right? I believe there's one in Torrance. If I go in, how long will it take?

3. Are there certain engine mods that are ideal for a reflash? Right now, all I have is a K&N CAI.

Thanks for not (f)(l)(a)( me. :)

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
Reflash is a " one size fits all" tune - it assumes basic bolt- ons such as intake and header. It cannot be altered or re-tuned down the road if you get more mods. If your not going nuts with mods then its likely all you need -and is most cost effective. I have it with intake and am happy with it. However, if you plan to go ape-shit with engine mods then you may want to save up for Flashpro as it can be tuned an infinite number of times as your engine mods increase.

PS: if you're in so-cal getting the Reflash should be super easy.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
However, if you plan to go ape-shit with engine mods then you may want to save up for Flashpro as it can be tuned an infinite number of times as your engine mods increase.
:laugh: Noted.

PS: if you're in so-cal getting the Reflash should be super easy.
Is it just like drive in and get it done and drive out?

·
-
1,750 Posts
The Hondata website has all the answers to your questions plus a ton of excellent technical info.

I recommend reading the entire website from top to bottom, read everything on there.
Bookmark it and refer back to it often.

Hondata TSX

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Hondata website has all the answers to your questions plus a ton of excellent technical info.

I recommend reading the entire website from top to bottom, read everything on there.
Bookmark it and refer back to it often.

Hondata TSX
Yea, I kind of figured that, but it's good to get member's advice. Thanks Calgary.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.