Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I first wanted to say that I don't have any experience with the Acura TSX. I am in the process of looking to buy a 2nd gen one for my wife and she has fell in love with the Vossen CV7's.

I come from the Subaru community as I own a GR STI with many mods and work done, so I am not "new" to modding. After a few years of savings and dragging her with me to all the Subaru meets, she has grown to have expensive taste :mecry:. Anyways, a few questions, how is the relilability with the 2nd gen tsx and more specifically the v6 version, which is what we are most interested in. I guess she wants to "try" to keep up with me during my launch control launches!!!! :jeffy: Any issues that are needed to know before diving in?

Suspension wise, what is needed to be done to accomidate some Vossen CV7's (Nothing super stretched, nor extreme camber). I just want it to be flush? I am positive that a fender roll will be needed, coilovers, and camber adjustment, but what else? I appreciate any info that is given and happy driving!

- Gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
TSX V6 reliability

Gary, I can't speak to all the mods as I basically leave the engineering to Acura, and don't ever want to create a service issue as the dealer service here in Gainesville, Florida is as good as it gets.

From a reliability standpoint I can tell you that my V6 has been bullet proof. We don't baby the car either, as I love to let it out frequently. This V6 is one of the best performing Acura's I've owned. It's a type S equivalent in my opinion...even though they're not making one right now. It IS a great road car from my perspective. I also love blowing off unsuspecting street racers, particularly BMW's and MB's

My one preference for improvement would be to strengthen the brakes. The stock are OK but not as strong as the rest of the car. I've given thought several times about doing an after market upgrade, but again, I don't want to create any warranty issues down the road.

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts