Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I wouldnt move that car....

Your tierod end(s) are most likely about to fail. Get the car jacked up and look at them before its too late.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
did you ever figure out how to fix the noise or if it is normal? i checked mine and makes the same noise but only when i turn the wheel to the right and than let go (while the car is parked and turned off). I have a feeling this is where the source of the clunking that i'm hearing when traveling slow over uneven pavement

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you ever figure out how to fix the noise or if it is normal? i checked mine and makes the same noise but only when i turn the wheel to the right and than let go (while the car is parked and turned off). I have a feeling this is where the source of the clunking that i'm hearing when traveling slow over uneven pavement
No i never really paid any attention to it, its still there and it hasn't gotten worse you i just live with it lol

for your noise check your control arm bushings, most importantly the large ones up front (Compliance bushings) and also check your swaybar endlinks and the swaybar bushings.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
No i never really paid any attention to it, its still there and it hasn't gotten worse you i just live with it lol

for your noise check your control arm bushings, most importantly the large ones up front (Compliance bushings) and also check your swaybar endlinks and the swaybar bushings.
yea i've literally checked everything in the front end.

- LCA bushings
- sway bar bushings/endlinks
- inner/outer tierods
- UCA/LCA balljoints
- wheel bearing
- strut mount bolts torqued properly

As of now there are two possibilities:

- cv axles (passenger side makes a clunking sound around the inner joint when I pull on it)
- steering rack (praying it isn't this)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts