Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one

I am thinking of buying a nose mask for my tsx. The acura store is selling it for 150$ (self installation) and 208$ (dealer installation). From where can i get a cheaper one ???

thanks,

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
that doesnt' sound like too bad of a price. you should save you cash and put it on yourself. It's a piece of cake :kiss:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know if you'd bought yours already but I got mine through hondacuraworld.com, it's the internet channel of a dealer on the east coast. Got it for $115.70.. A lot of their other accessories are a bit cheaper too than what my dealer charges. Bought my wheel locks and splash guards from them too.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Have you thought of the plastic hood deflector? I'd be afraid to scratch the paint with a nose mask...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been using a nose mask on my old Altima, as long as the felt backing of the mask is clean I've been able to stay scratch-free. Besides the nicks and dings you'd get without one would be a larger than any scratch you could get from the nose mask I think..

·
Registered
7 Posts
OEM Nose Mask Installed

Nose Mask was put on today.

NPB in Michigan requires a mask.

Will be installing 3M clear guard. Couldn't wait for that, with all the snow we are getting. (Not everyone drives a TSX, so they put down salt for the little people.)

The plan is to get the 3M paint protector film installed, and use this over it when salt and dirt are on the road, and for longer road trips.

Ebay Acura dealer $113 shipped. (aofeparts)

Installation:
The only bad part of installing this was having to remove 4 of the clips that hold the hood liner up. 2 came out fine, 2 broke. It may be a better idea to drill through these (with something to stop the bit), rather that take them out.

Had one for the '97 CL (black), and it never scratched. The front got beat up from pebbles, etc. between uses though. The 3M PPF should prevent that.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Don't pay them to put it on it's quite simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts